Missing The Point on Gary Dolphin

We're all arguing about what Gary Dolphin said, and should Gary Dolphin have said it? Should Barta punish Gary Dolphin? Is it the appropriate punishment for Gary Dolphin?

Really though, I think we're missing the point.

There is a man named Gary Dolphin.

Gary.

Dolphin.

It's one of the better names out there.

Let's start at the end. How is someone's last name a precocious sea creature? Like really, how can that actually be someone's last name? I've never heard of anyone else being named for the golden retriever of the sea. Not only that, he's from Iowa, the most landlocked of states. How did he stumble upon that name?

His first name is Gary, which is one of the most comedically satisfying names out there. From the hard 'G' all the way to 'ary' it's hilarious. It's a name reserved for uncles, ex-husbands, and Applebee's managers. Think about it, all Garys in the world fall into those three categories, and my aunt's ex-husband falls into all three.

So you add Gary to Dolphin and you get a hilarious, precocious name. Almost as funny as Jerry Porpoise.

We're Hawkeye fans, we're generally happy with 8 wins in football and 20 wins in basketball. We don't ask for much.

The fact that we have a man named Gary Dolphin is a gift from above.

We can't lose him.

Im pretty sure dolphins are the chicken of the sea. grind them up and put some mayo on them and stick them between two pieces of bread. Delicious.

When Tyler Cook got slammed to the floor, the dude from the Pitt bench with the long dreads that came to save the day's name was Gary. My wife and I sat and laughed at his name, because he doesn't look like a "Gary". That's all I got.

I do know of other people named Dolphin (last name). Not as cool of a name as Zabel.

Obligatory Fonda Dix reference.

Also knew a guy in college whose last name is Hyman and whose nickname is Buster...but heard a few years ago that he's gay. Not sure if they still call him Buster.

When Tyler Cook got slammed to the floor, the dude from the Pitt bench with the long dreads that came to save the day's name was Gary. My wife and I sat and laughed at his name, because he doesn't look like a "Gary". That's all I got.

I do know of other people named Dolphin (last name). Not as cool of a name as Zabel.

Obligatory Fonda Dix reference.

Also knew a guy in college whose last name is Hyman and whose nickname is Buster...but heard a few years ago that he's gay. Not sure if they still call him Buster.

Now its butt hole buster.

We're all arguing about what Gary Dolphin said, and should Gary Dolphin have said it? Should Barta punish Gary Dolphin? Is it the appropriate punishment for Gary Dolphin?

Really though, I think we're missing the point.

There is a man named Gary Dolphin.

Gary.

Dolphin.

It's one of the better names out there.

Let's start at the end. How is someone's last name a precocious sea creature? Like really, how can that actually be someone's last name? I've never heard of anyone else being named for the golden retriever of the sea. Not only that, he's from Iowa, the most landlocked of states. How did he stumble upon that name?

His first name is Gary, which is one of the most comedically satisfying names out there. From the hard 'G' all the way to 'ary' it's hilarious. It's a name reserved for uncles, ex-husbands, and Applebee's managers. Think about it, all Garys in the world fall into those three categories, and my aunt's ex-husband falls into all three.

So you add Gary to Dolphin and you get a hilarious, precocious name. Almost as funny as Jerry Porpoise.

We're Hawkeye fans, we're generally happy with 8 wins in football and 20 wins in basketball. We don't ask for much.

The fact that we have a man named Gary Dolphin is a gift from above.

We can't lose him.
Great post. But will Gary be ok? Gary HAWK fans pal. Quality of broadcast? So what.... He has Eddie and Bobby. Nuff said.

Gary Dolphin.

We had Brian Bulaga (whale). sort of on that one.
There was Richard Bass of the Hawks.
There's Marlon Mack of the Colts.
Ricky Seals Jones of the Arizona Cardinals.

All kinds of water creatures out there.

Last edited:
I heard the name of the sound guy who left the mic open was Roger Flipper.

Truth.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! OMG!!!

True story; When I was much younger I had a regional manager whose name was Richard Head. We all know what is short for Richard. :D I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; Who needs late night comedy when you can come on this forum. :p Flipper, Dolphin. LMAO!!!!!

Latest posts