Miss Mudd fans

20131012_mbr_sg8_295.0.jpg

It's similar, but when your annual schedule includes Bama, LSU, Auburn and A&M, it's kind of understandable to start with a borderline expectation of 8-4/9-3 as a "good" season. It ain't like they're losing to Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin with startling regularity.
There's a different ceiling for them in that league... No doubt. Ours is ever so fluctuating when it sure as heck shouldn't be but that's on us more than anything

There's a different ceiling for them in that league... No doubt. Ours is ever so fluctuating when it sure as heck shouldn't be but that's on us more than anything
With the realignment of the B1G, Iowa should be a 9-3/10-2 program most years. There will always be down years, but a great coach with the resources Iowa has and the schedules they draw ought to routinely go 3-0 non-con and 6-3 in conference play. A losing record in conference play with Iowa's schedule would get every coach in the SEC fired.

It's similar, but when your annual schedule includes Bama, LSU, Auburn and A&M, it's kind of understandable to start with a borderline expectation of 8-4/9-3 as a "good" season. It ain't like they're losing to Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin with startling regularity.
Yet Auburn is playing Purdue in the bowls and LSU is facing the power House of the aac UCF.
With their 71st sos.
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

I swear old Colonel Potter is acting all crazy, almost like he is a totally different person.

Hope you're being sarcastic. This was an episode in season 2 I believe where Harry Morgan played a crazy general in to inspect the unit, as evidenced by McLean Stevenson (Lt. Col. Henry Blake) sitting next to Hawkeye.

Wow, you knocked the cover off of that one. You're right, Iowa is a way better program than LSU or Auburn and all 7-5 seasons are created equally.
I'm just saying.
We had the 34th and miss St had the 5th sos.
We both went 8-4. So you think they are going to blow us out? Beings their 8-4 was so much harder to achieve?

I'm just saying.
We had the 34th and miss St had the 5th sos.
We both went 8-4. So you think they are going to blow us out? Beings their 8-4 was so much harder to achieve?
I don't think Mississippi State will blow Iowa out of the water. I think it will be a matchup of good defenses against crappy offenses. I'm merely pointing out that with divisional alignments, athletic directors and fans have to be aware of the realities of their division when setting expectations. Like, take Maryland as an example. Assuming equal strength of OOC games, they'll probably need a helluva lot better team to finish 10-2 than Wisconsin would need. Same goes for a comparison of Mississippi State and just about anyone. The SEC West and Big Ten East are probably the two best divisions in football and if you ain't one of the powers stuck in those divisions, it's tough sledding. The Big Ten West, where Iowa plays, is among the crappiest divisions in football.