Miss Mudd fans

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like a child and a child molester.

Cleavon Little

Was supposed to be Richard Pryor ...

https://www.amc.com/talk/2009/02/gene-wilder-richard-pryor-duo

The duo’s debut was supposed to have come in 1974, in Mel Brooks’s Western spoof Blazing Saddles. Brooks hired Pryor to work on the script and planned on casting him in the lead. Pryor had previously penned episodes of Sanford and Son and had been shopping a script for his own politically incorrect Western comedy, The Black Stranger. But hopes of casting the bright young comedian were dashed when he started bringing Courvoisier and cocaine to script sessions. Cleavon Little got the part, though Pryor’s pungent racial humor is in evidence throughout the film.

As successful as M*A*S*H was as a TV show, it didn’t do much for the careers of the actors. Unfortunately many of the characters were typecasted and haven’t had much work since. Most actors would jump at a chance to play a role on a series like this, but many overstay just long enough that they have to pass on other roles that could make them bigger stars. Name me one actor whose career really took off after the show ended.

As successful as M*A*S*H was as a TV show, it didn’t do much for the careers of the actors. Unfortunately many of the characters were typecasted and haven’t had much work since. Most actors would jump at a chance to play a role on a series like this, but many overstay just long enough that they have to pass on other roles that could make them bigger stars. Name me one actor whose career really took off after the show ended.
I'm assuming you mean the regular cast. It has several actors in guest roles that took off.

I think that applies to successful shows in general, especially comedies. Look at the casts of Seinfeld, Cheers, Raymond, Hogan's Heroes, Andy Griffith, Friends, Bewitched, Jeannie, etc. Very few actors came out of those shows on an upward trajectory - Jennifer Aniston would be the primary one I can think of, or perhaps Billy Crystal from "Soap."

I'm assuming you mean the regular cast. It has several actors in guest roles that took off.

I think that applies to successful shows in general, especially comedies. Look at the casts of Seinfeld, Cheers, Raymond, Hogan's Heroes, Andy Griffith, Friends, Bewitched, Jeannie, etc. Very few actors came out of those shows on an upward trajectory - Jennifer Aniston would be the primary one I can think of, or perhaps Billy Crystal from "Soap."

I get your point, it's hard to repeat that magic in a bottle twice, and most actors never see that level of success again, but there are plenty of examples of actors who did at least ok later on.

People talk about a Seinfeld curse, but Julia Louis Dreyfess has done really well, starring in 2 shows, Christine and VEEP. Larry David has had a long run with Curb your enthusiasm. Jerry Stiller went on to a long run on King of Queens.

Andy Griffith did Matlock, Ted Dansen did Becker. Kelsey Grammar did Fraiser. Alan Alda did movies for a while and West wing. Bob Newhart is famous for having 2 shows. Mary Tyler Moore had long runs on 2 different shows. Cosby had 2 shows.

But admittably, most regular actors never get on another successful show again.

I get your point, it's hard to repeat that magic in a bottle twice, and most actors never see that level of success again, but there are plenty of examples of actors who did at least ok later on.

People talk about a Seinfeld curse, but Julia Louis Dreyfess has done really well, starring in 2 shows, Christine and VEEP. Larry David has had a long run with Curb your enthusiasm. Jerry Stiller went on to a long run on King of Queens.

Andy Griffith did Matlock, Ted Dansen did Becker. Kelsey Grammar did Fraiser. Alan Alda did movies for a while and West wing. Bob Newhart is famous for having 2 shows. Mary Tyler Moore had long runs on 2 different shows. Cosby had 2 shows.

But admittably, most regular actors never get on another successful show again.
Mary Tyler Moore was the first one that came to mind for me.

Also Larry Hagman (I Dream of Jeannie, Dallas)

How about Lee Majors (The Big Valley, The Six Million Dollar Man, The Fall Guy). Or am I starting to reach a bit?

I knew Gilda wasn't in that movie but didn't make that clear. I was making the spousal connection as Gilda was married to Gene Wilder.

I still miss her. I miss Madeline as well. And Gene Wilder, as most of you know, is a Hawkeye.

Yep, Gilda and Gene were quite a couple. Heartbreaking when she passed. I saw an interview with Wilder taped not long before he died...really cool guy. You get the feeling the everybody who worked on those Mel Brooks movies had a hell of a time.

Steven F Austin
LA-Lafayette
LA-Tech
and K-State

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SHUT UP ABOUT CREAM PUFFS
NINE BIG games, plus ISU. And we drew Penn Freaking State as our guaranteed crossover game for SIX STINKING YEARS.
Why do you guys always complain about our schedule. We almost always play 10 P5 teams, even before BIG went to 9 games. Most other P5 teams LOAD UP on patsies for their 4 OOC games. And we play against the SECOND BEST P5 conference year in and year out

NINE BIG games, plus ISU. And we drew Penn Freaking State as our guaranteed crossover game for SIX STINKING YEARS.
Why do you guys always complain about our schedule. We almost always play 10 P5 teams, even before BIG went to 9 games. Most other P5 teams LOAD UP on patsies for their 4 OOC games. And we play against the SECOND BEST P5 conference year in and year out
Why are you quoting me. I was yelling at that person calling our schedule cream puffs.

It's similar, but when your annual schedule includes Bama, LSU, Auburn and A&M, it's kind of understandable to start with a borderline expectation of 8-4/9-3 as a "good" season. It ain't like they're losing to Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin with startling regularity.

Yet only 1 of those SEC teams could beat Northwestern or Purdue playing in the Midwest, December and beyond.

Latest posts