Minny winning at MSU takes a little hurt off hawk loss to them

uihawk82

I know MSU is down and doesnt have the bangers inside they usually do. But it is still a decent MSU team with some good guards and dawkins.

So I was surprised to see Minny winning a high scoring game at MSU.

Minny is starting to win some close ones and they have those 3 good seniors. It takes a little bit of pain away from the hawks losing to them a few games ago. Not a lot but a little as I thought the hawks also played poorly that nite or not with all their energy

Does Minny beating MSU actually help Iowa's rpi?

Maybe just as important, at least in the media perception, was Northwestern taking out Indiana in Evanston. With that, we're not the only decent team to go there and lose.

Honestly, just pisses me off by reminding me that Iowa should have beaten MSU.

I know MSU is down and doesnt have the bangers inside they usually do. But it is still a decent MSU team with some good guards and dawkins.

Minny is starting to win some close ones and they have those 3 good seniors. It takes a little bit of pain away from the hawks losing to them a few games ago. Not a lot but a little as I thought the hawks also played poorly that nite or not with all their energy

No it doesn't. The MN loss is maybe the Hawks worst. MN ain't real good, and they are honestly fighting for the NIT.

Well, Iowa split with MN, so their win may help a bit, but MSU dropping one probably hurts a bit since Iowa lost to them. So, probably no real overall impact, I guess.

Iowa's back up to #48 in the RPI from what I saw today, by the way.

Really would like to have that MSU game back. Double digit lead at halftime. Dang it.

Well, Iowa split with MN, so their win may help a bit, but MSU dropping one probably hurts a bit since Iowa lost to them. So, probably no real overall impact, I guess.

Iowa's back up to #48 in the RPI from what I saw today, by the way.

Really would like to have that MSU game back. Double digit lead at halftime. Dang it.

I want em in the btt!

Yes and no. NO loss ever feels "good" or "okay" to me. But, it certainly makes that loss look less "bad" for resume' purposes. Even with their 4-game streak, I noticed that all "experts" still showed NW as a "bad" loss. So there's that.

I'm not even sure I like the idea of seeing various folks saying we are "in". We still have a TON of work to do. Just getting "in" can't be THAT satisfying to the staff and players. I have to think they are looking to get out of the first weekend at a minimum.

Yes and no. NO loss ever feels "good" or "okay" to me. But, it certainly makes that loss look less "bad" for resume' purposes. Even with their 4-game streak, I noticed that all "experts" still showed NW as a "bad" loss. So there's that.

I'm not even sure I like the idea of seeing various folks saying we are "in". We still have a TON of work to do. Just getting "in" can't be THAT satisfying to the staff and players. I have to think they are looking to get out of the first weekend at a minimum.

Yeah shame on us for just wanting to get in a Thurs/Fri game. Let's win one two too!

Latest posts