Minny Mouse taking it to Cheesehead

No, just sardonic. Imitating another poster and every post he has banged out for the last four years.

He questioned why we can't win a down West conference. All he has to do is read his own posts and he'd have his answer.

That post has now drawn two comments, and counting. I was telling a joke with a straight face.
tenor.gif

No, just sardonic. Imitating another poster and every post he has banged out for the last four years.

He questioned why we can't win a down West conference. All he has to do is read his own posts and he'd have his answer.

That post has now drawn two comments, and counting. I was telling a joke with a straight face.

In all straight face, I thought that putting aside the fact that KF does trip over himself some, the year was pretty good. The team went into the season with some big weaknesses and were close to being darned good. Still think Stanley injury and Fant concussion was a part of a couple of losses.

In all straight face, I thought that putting aside the fact that KF does trip over himself some, the year was pretty good. The team went into the season with some big weaknesses and were close to being darned good. Still think Stanley injury and Fant concussion was a part of a couple of losses.
We were also very young in the back seven.

It cost us a couple of wins this year. It will help next year.
We return something like eleven players with starting experience in our back seven alone.

Meh.

This year is almost a mirror image IMO of 2010.
Just a shit-ton of talent returning, with some holes, and the team, as a whole, totally underperformed.

Damn, we found some creative ways to lose this year.
Big disappointment in my book.

Meh.

This year is almost a mirror image IMO of 2010.
Just a shit-ton of talent returning, with some holes, and the team, as a whole, totally underperformed.

Damn, we found some creative ways to lose this year.
Big disappointment in my book.
What? Not even close to a mirror image. 2010 was a proven, senior-heavy team that limped down the stretch due to injuries and an inability to finish games on O against a brutal schedule.

This year was a younger, admittedly talented team, finding ways to bite themselves in the ass against a middling schedule, but ultimately performing to initial expectations with a chance to finish with a Top 25 ranking.

We return the bulk of this year's team, so at the risk of sounding like a homer and laying expectations on a program that doesn't do well with them, I expect marked improvement next season. All the teams Iowa lost to (Purdue, Wiscy, NW, and PSU) lose their experienced Sr QBs, plus the likely departures of Patterson and Haskins at Michigan and OSU. While the latter two won't be hurt as much, that's big losses for the rest of those teams, so there's an opening that Iowa NEEDS to be able to take advantage of.

Embarrassing for us if Minney keeps the pedal down on Wisky and blows them out. We should have absolutely crap stomped WI - man our coaching staff is something else.
Kirk doesnt care what you think, he just collected his 5 million for beating mighty Illinois. As long as he beats Minny, Ill, and ISU, then Kirk deserves his milllions

Wow. It boggles my mind that Iowa couldn't win the west this year. In fact, finish 3 games back.

Somehow Northwestern goes 8-1.

This season might just chap my ass even more than 2010.

Your ass needs a huge stick of Chap Stick to endure KF ball. Charmin don't cut it.

Embarrassing for us if Minney keeps the pedal down on Wisky and blows them out. We should have absolutely crap stomped WI - man our coaching staff is something else.
Yes it's to bad the coaches fumbled twice . Should be fired.

That was as bad as I've seen Wisc play in years. It was kind of surreal.
Spot on. Their boards have got to be up in flames right now. They were national championship contenders in the preseason, based on the momentum from their big Orange Bowl win and their returning talent. Their DC was seen as one of the hottest prospects in the country.

It would be hard for many on these boards to admit it, but our crash and burn job pales in comparison to theirs. The difference is Alvarez won't put up with it. You can bet some assistants will be reassigned or sent packing.

They thought they owned the Axe. To the point where only seniors were allowed to touch it. They don't own it any more.

Why in the hell should we not expect to win the west every single year? This division sucks. My God, every single team is down. Even if they aren't why should we not expect to win our division?

It's called recruiting, in case you haven't noticed we get 2/3 star talent with an occasional 4 star. Those types of recruits typically take a while to develop. Iowa has the 2nd smallest base in the B1G to recruit from and they share it with Iowa State. Yes the West was down this year and Iowa should have won it, but it's not going to be like this year over year. I expect Wisconsin and Nebraska to rebound at some point.

If your expectations are to win the West every year then you are rooting for the wrong team.

Wisconsin will not be much better next year, but Nebraska will. I think we'll start to beat Wisky again but have issues with the Cornhuskers the next few years. And frankly, we need to start laying the wood to NW again. Pretty embarrassing losing three eminently winnable games to them in a row.

The Gophers return 9 starters on offense and 9 on defense. We start 10 freshmen. All we are missing is as QB. PJ will have them ready to win the West next year and we'll be Big10 champs in 2020.

Latest posts