Minnesota vs South Dakota St.

Had SDSU not fumbled the ball away they win the game pretty easily IMO.

Those "experts" projecting Minnesota to win the West are hilarious. I'm pretty sure Deace even had them as the highest rated team in the West.....uh yikes

If I were a Gopher player, I sure as hell wouldn't be smug and mugging for the camera.

On a side note, this is the only game of the year @ Minney where the girls will actually be able to show some skin.

That ended up being a pretty good team. You just never know with these early season games.

I never bought into their defensive resurgence late last year. I'll give them credit for handling Purdue but that was a brutal weather game. Wisconsin and GT had 2 of the worst passing offenses in the P5 last year and Wisconsin was beat up as well.
If brutal weather contributed to Minnesota beating Purdue last year than it also was a factor in our losses to Penn State and Northwestern.

Lots of teams are beat up by late November.

That said the Gophs didn't look too inspiring last night. Most B1G teams would have throttled them. That was a Houdini escape.

Yeah...I was going to call out the 2009 team too...and say...ok, sometimes the first game is just an abomination. Then I looked on the Gopher defensive side of the ball and I didn't see Adrian Clayborn, Bullard, Angerer, Sash, or Klug...so they are going to have some issues.

Minnesota is going to have a really hard time protecting the QB. They are huge on the OL...but they can't protect. SDSU was getting pressure with four...every play. You load up...stop the run...and force them into throwing.

3 unforced errors by SDSU that have produced a 21 point swing for MN
Yeah, I think SDSU out played Minny and was more physical but this was the first game of the season and one team wanting to be a giant killer and Minny was gifted a win. I was not impressed with SDSU play calling at the end to try for tie.

Who is the SDSU OC? He's calling a fantastic game.

It's Jason Eck. He's a Wisconsin grad. Oddly enough, he's their OC and their offensive line coach. I guess not all good OC's are former QBs. (As was said in a thread here when Brian was first hired as the OC.)

I was Navy for 21 years. Hilarious.

True Story: I was attending one of those infamous Navy conferences in the early 90s.

A female officer made time with another person there. During the night, he wakes up and drinks the glass of water on the stand next to the bed. (dehydrated from all the drinking).

You guessed it....the glass had her contacts in it. She had to resort to wearing the hideous turtle-framed BC's for the remainder of the conference. (The story was her contacts were bothering her).

Haze gray and under way!

I remember those infamous conferences. We had one of the female pilots stashed in my command.

I didn't get to see the game, but after watching the highlights it looked like Minnesota has offensive and defensive line issues.

I am all for them dropping back to the middle of the pack in the West.

Latest posts