Minnesota Sucks: Fun facts

OLWPAORWWM

Banned
*Minnesota has won 5 Bowl games in their history. This is their 60th season in the Big 10, and they have won 5 Bowls. To put that in perspective, Coach Fry and Coach Frents each have won 6 bowls apiece.

*Minnesota has finished 10th or lower in the BoneG 10 times in those 60 seasons.

*Since Lyndon Johnson left office, Minnesota is averaging 4.8 wins per season.

*Minnesota has never won the BoneG outright. The year they won their only Rose Bowl, they got the invitation only because the league champion Ohio State refused the bid.

*Minnesota has not finished in the top 3 since 1987

*In the past 40 years, Minnesota has finished the reason ranked twice.

*Minnesota has won 5 Bowl games in their history. This is their 60th season in the Big 10, and they have won 5 Bowls. To put that in perspective, Coach Fry and Coach Frents each have won 6 bowls apiece.

*Minnesota has finished 10th or lower in the BoneG 10 times in those 60 seasons.

*Minnesota has never won the BoneG outright. The year they won their only Rose Bowl, they got the invitation only because the league champion Ohio State refused the bid.

You are a wealth of info man.....:)

Gophers are funny lookin' in a general kinda way. They got nice walleye though, Margie! Ya dern tootin' they do!

March+madness,+Gopher+%28Caddyshack%29.jpg

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Last edited:

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

The only good varmit....is a dead varmit.

Fireball!!

Interesting...I know the Goofs have not been competitive since the 50's and 60's for the most part.

Wow. So much more than I ever wanted to know about dem rats...

and the weird thing is they were a dominant program at one time. albeit a long time ago. 5 championships in 8 years is pretty incredible, even if it was before WW2.

A couple of points of contention:

1. Minnesota has only been in the Big Ten for 60 years because the "Big Ten" didn't exist until MSU joined the conference in 1953. Prior to that, it was the Western Conference, and Minnesota was a founding member in 1896. I think it would be fair to include their conference stats from 1896-1952 into this thread.

2. Minnesota has won the Big Ten outright in the past 60 years. They did so in 1960 when they went 6-1 in conference. Iowa finished second at 5-1, and OSU finished third at 5-2. Minnesota was named the national champion that year by the AP, which voted prior to Minnesota's loss to Washington in the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:

That's a crazy looking pic. LOL

In order to stop Minnesotans from being racist, we have to give them a prize hog. And what do they do? Give it cholera within a year and it dies.

**** Minnesota.

A couple of points of contention:

1. Minnesota has only been in the Big Ten for 60 years because the "Big Ten" didn't exist until MSU joined the conference in 1953. Prior to that, it was the Western Conference, and Minnesota was a founding member in 1896. I think it would be fair to include their conference stats from 1896-1952 into this thread.

2. Minnesota has won the Big Ten outright in the past 60 years. They did so in 1960 when they went 6-1 in conference. Iowa finished second at 5-1, and OSU finished third at 5-2. Minnesota was named the national champion that year by the AP, which voted prior to Minnesota's loss to Washington in the Rose Bowl.

1: The entire point is to prove how pathetic they have been recently. I am not trying to be "fair", and 50 years is a large enough time span to prove how much they suck. Also, asking me to include stats from before the Eisenhower administration kind of proves my point.

2. Things were ridiculous in the 60's, like Minnesota being declared champions before losing the Rose Bowl, and one of those things was Iowa and Minnesota are both being declared Big 10 Co-Champions of 1960. Only one of those teams cares because only one of those teams has been relevant since.

1: The entire point is to prove how pathetic they have been recently. I am not trying to be "fair", and 50 years is a large enough time span to prove how much they suck. Also, asking me to include stats from before the Eisenhower administration kind of proves my point.

2. Things were ridiculous in the 60's, like Minnesota being declared champions before losing the Rose Bowl, and one of those things was Iowa and Minnesota are both being declared Big 10 Co-Champions of 1960. Only one of those teams cares because only one of those teams has been relevant since.

Good come back, Liberty.

Minnesota, because some state has to have it's head where the sun don't shine.

They can pay me for the new slogan later.

Wow...they rival NW for bowl ineptitude...NW has one bowl win, last year, in like 50 years. Good to know this stuff...time to "Kill" the New Kinnick North" jinx.

Yet their most popular football forum is named 7 National Titles Football Forum. Talk about living in the past. At least the Huskers are living in the 1990s, not the 1930s.

If ever there was a tip of the hand, this is it.

Latest posts