Minnesota Sucks: Fun facts

"On Wisconsin" is often called the greatest college fight song ever.

It was originally written for Minnesota, but they waffled on it and the composer was talked into giving it to Wisconsin instead.

Epic Fail.

If ever there was a tip of the hand, this is it.

Secret's out. Want to know another secret? It never was a secret.

#gocrew

Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

Here's more piling on: in the last ten seasons Minnesota . . .

has only one winning record in the B1G . . . And that was ten years ago,

has "owned" Illinois with 6 wins.

has not beaten OSU.

has only 1 win each against Michigan and Wisconsin.

has three wins against Iowa: two of those Iowa teams had winning records and the other finished the regular season at 500.

So as bad as they are they still seem to be able to beat Iowa at Minnesota when Iowa has "good" teams.

Here's more piling on: in the last ten seasons Minnesota . . .

has only one winning record in the B1G . . . And that was ten years ago,

has "owned" Illinois with 6 wins.

has not beaten OSU.

has only 1 win each against Michigan and Wisconsin.

has three wins against Iowa: two of those Iowa teams had winning records and the other finished the regular season at 500.

So as bad as they are they still seem to be able to beat Iowa at Minnesota when Iowa has "good" teams.
It's their Super Bowl.

Sorry, but I can't get over the fact that they have moar national championships than bowl wins. I mean, Illinois has been irrelevant for the past 50 years too, but at least they have moar bowl wins all time (8), than national championships before my father was born (5).

Iowa has one national championship, but more bowl wins (14) than Illinois and Minnesota combined (13).

It's their Super Bowl.
If the Iowa game is their Super Bowl, (and I'm sure being the last game of the year most of the time, the Minny coaches played that up), then I'd like very much to go back to the Hayden Fry era and beat them like a drum for 15 years so they won't want to think of the Iowa game as their Super Bowl.

Same thing with Indiana.

Same thing with Northwestern.

Even Fry thumped Wisconsin during his era.

But I wander for those last three sentences. My bad.

Minnesota sold the game out today (juust a hair under 51,000 LOL), and they are bragging on Twitter that it is their 10th sell out of that stadium. It is the 32nd game they have played there.

Minnesota sold the game out today (juust a hair under 51,000 LOL), and they are bragging on Twitter that it is their 10th sell out of that stadium. It is the 32nd game they have played there.

A Minnesota sellout is like an Iowa State or Northwestern sellout. It is only attainable when visiting fans attend in large numbers and the stadium is so small that a sellout is pretty much meaningless.

Latest posts