Minnesota pauses for Covid

I'm at that point to. It is time for the conference to start putting it forfeit rules on this....just screws with the teams and scheduling to much. I'm all for safety...and it does suck....but it is not fair to the other teams.

I'm at that point to. It is time for the conference to start putting it forfeit rules on this....just screws with the teams and scheduling to much. I'm all for safety...and it does suck....but it is not fair to the other teams.
Could happen to us just as easily.

It won't be as easy to reschedule as Northwestern was two-weeks ago, but should still get it in. If able to combine with trip to Madson later this month it might work pretty easy.

Could happen to us just as easily.

It won't be as easy to reschedule as Northwestern was two-weeks ago, but should still get it in. If able to combine with trip to Madson later this month it might work pretty easy.
Ya....I would also say forfeit for us as well in the same situation.

Let this be your warning. Do not highjack this thread w/ any thoughts you have on covid. If you want to have that discussion take it to the open discussion forum.

Any and all teams who can not play due to covid should forfeit plain and simple. Ridiculous it’s even a discussion at this point.

Let this be your warning. Do not highjack this thread w/ any thoughts you have on covid. If you want to have that discussion take it to the open discussion forum.

Any and all teams who can not play due to covid should forfeit plain and simple. Ridiculous it’s even a discussion at this point.
It's not quite that black and white. Some of their players have sustained season-ending injuries, some are out with COVID protocols. COVID has put them over the top for the number of players they won't have available to put a team on the floor.

Not sure why MN just doesnt play walk-ons and/or scout team members, I mean, could they do that if they wanted to?- Illinois is out for blood, this was going to be a massacre anyway.....If I was Johnson, I would be looking forward to the end of this shit season.

Not sure why MN just doesnt play walk-ons and/or scout team members, I mean, could they do that if they wanted to?- Illinois is out for blood, this was going to be a massacre anyway.....If I was Johnson, I would be looking forward to the end of this shit season.
No. You have to have a minimum of 7 scholarship players and 1 coach per the rule.

Would probably have been a Q4 game anyway by the time we play them. I'd rather have the rest.

Would probably have been a Q4 game anyway by the time we play them. I'd rather have the rest.
I'd rather Iowa just play the schedule they were given. When games are shuffled around it throws everything off whack imo. They might lose either way, they might win either way, but IMO, play the god damn games.

This is the old man in me, but again, we live in a time where this happens regularly and IMO, it happens to Iowa a lot, and it's typically due to the other program and not the Hawks. I get it's a product of our lifetime and generation, I just don't like it and I am not ever going to like it. Cancelling games because of storms that might come, moving them up to avoid it, delaying them a day? Cancelling because of illness. So weak imo.

Old man shouting at the sky boomer out!

It's not quite that black and white. Some of their players have sustained season-ending injuries, some are out with COVID protocols. COVID has put them over the top for the number of players they won't have available to put a team on the floor.
Oh it can most definitely be that black and white. If you can not put a team on the floor due to whatever the reason you forfeit. It really can be that simple. Not like this is a rampant problem. All we'd be doing is going back to the way it's always been before covid.

Oh it can most definitely be that black and white. If you can not put a team on the floor due to whatever the reason you forfeit. It really can be that simple. Not like this is a rampant problem. All we'd be doing is going back to the way it's always been before covid.
Here is a quote from your post:

"Any and all teams who can not play due to covid should forfeit plain and simple."

But I get your point.

.....or what are you gunna do?

You quoting Fry?

Serious question. Has Iowa had to yet forfeit a game in any sport for COVID? Nothing comes to my mind. Women's basketball, maybe??

This is a game we need, Iowa should have a huge say in when it's played since it's not their fault.

I don’t think a forfeit is appropriate due to Covid and thus the standings aren’t affected but the committee should be able to consider it a win for seeding purposes.

I'd rather Iowa just play the schedule they were given. When games are shuffled around it throws everything off whack imo. They might lose either way, they might win either way, but IMO, play the god damn games.

This is the old man in me, but again, we live in a time where this happens regularly and IMO, it happens to Iowa a lot, and it's typically due to the other program and not the Hawks. I get it's a product of our lifetime and generation, I just don't like it and I am not ever going to like it. Cancelling games because of storms that might come, moving them up to avoid it, delaying them a day? Cancelling because of illness. So weak imo.

Old man shouting at the sky boomer out!
I totally agree. I don’t want any cancellations. I just meant if there was one that had to get cancelled this would be the one since it wouldn’t impact us much.