Minnesota Meltdown

Go find a cheap Gopher hoodie, put it on when you are about to go scalp for tickets. Buy your tickets for cheap and once you have them in hand throw the hoodie in a garbage and let out a huge "GO HAWKS!!!!"

This is a good idea. I'd hate to see more dollars go the the UM athletic department though, I wonder if a maroon shirt would work...

I can't understand WHY an opposing team's fans would be upset at another team's fans ripping down THEIR goalposts on THEIR field.

An archrival having so many fans at THEIR stadium that they can rush the field and tear down the goalposts...I still laugh when think about it.

When I tell people in other schools about it they think it is terrible that Iowa would do such a thing. All I say is that Minnesota is one of Iowa's primary rivals IF not our primary rival and they should have bought tickets to the game and not allowed Iowa to buy all the tickets. I said if Minnesota can get enough fans in Kinnick to do it at Iowa so be it. Besides, it's great for a rivalry IMO>

I'm not sure it's been done anywhere else has it???

They were angry afterwards? Huh. Didn't see any of that anger out at the bars after the game. Oh. Wait. All I saw were Hawk fans after the game.

Tickets are selling for $100+ right now on craigslist.

Whoever said Minnesota fans will show up to the Iowa game even if they're 1-10 is wrong. While some will come, I think more than anything, Goofs fans will try and rip Iowa fans who want to watch their team finish of a potential Rose Bowl/BCS bowl game season.

They know Iowa fans want to go to this game, no matter what, so they'll charge us tons of money.

I can't understand WHY an opposing team's fans would be upset at another team's fans ripping down THEIR goalposts on THEIR field.

An archrival having so many fans at THEIR stadium that they can rush the field and tear down the goalposts...I still laugh when think about it.

When I tell people in other schools about it they think it is terrible that Iowa would do such a thing. All I say is that Minnesota is one of Iowa's primary rivals IF not our primary rival and they should have bought tickets to the game and not allowed Iowa to buy all the tickets. I said if Minnesota can get enough fans in Kinnick to do it at Iowa so be it. Besides, it's great for a rivalry IMO>

I'm not sure it's been done anywhere else has it???

i had a friend at the game with me who is a big SEC fan (from the south) he commented that if this would have happened in most any other stadium, an full on brawl would have occurred. Again I say - yeah, those MN fans were really full of rage when Iowa Fan was ripping down their goalposts. So mad, they did nothing about it.

Regarding the goal posts...

Could another possibility be that MN fans may not have really viewed the metrodome as "their" stadium, which may have contributed to no reaction or little caring that the goal posts were torn down?

Hard to claim a stadium as their own if they're renting it to play the games there (similar to a DSM metro school that has to play its home games at Williams or wherever, or a Grandview that doesn't have an on campus field).

If the situations were reversed and Iowa rented a pro stadium to play its home games at, I prob. wouldn't have cared a great deal if an opposing team tore down the posts. Would be completely different if it would happen within Kinnick.

Whoever said Minnesota fans will show up to the Iowa game even if they're 1-10 is wrong. While some will come, I think more than anything, Goofs fans will try and rip Iowa fans who want to watch their team finish of a potential Rose Bowl/BCS bowl game season.

They know Iowa fans want to go to this game, no matter what, so they'll charge us tons of money.

This is absolutely correct. They like to spout their "Minnesota nice" crap all the time up here but these jokers hate Iowa, make no mistake about it. They will screw Iowa fans whenever the opportunity arises and tickets to this game will be a golden opportunity. But what the hell. It will still be fun to see the goofers get crushed by the Hawks. Also, this game is likely to be the swan song of this rivalry as Nebraska will become the big nemesis, relegating this game to second fiddle for most Iowa fans. Though I will still continue to despise them forever.

Here's some info from FanSnap..

Penn State @ Minnesota:
200 level (upper level) tickets starting at $5
100 level (lower level) tickets starting at $20

Ohio State @ Minnesota:
200 level tickets starting at $35
100 level tickets starting at $55

Iowa @ Minnesota:
200 level tickets starting at $70
100 level tickets starting at $80

I'm going with a season ticket holder, 40 yd line, row 12. I wonder if TCF Bank Stadium (Kinnick North 2.0) has hinged goalposts?

I was not there in 2002, but watching the carnage on tv I said I wont miss another one in Minneapolis.

Already have my tickets, paid $90 per ticket and bought eight. That was before the fighting Coyotes beat the Gophers. Haven't seen any tickets cheaper than that on Ebay.

See you at Kinnick North II

They were angry afterwards? Huh. Didn't see any of that anger out at the bars after the game. Oh. Wait. All I saw were Hawk fans after the game.

Tickets are selling for $100+ right now on craigslist.

There are always idiots asking too much--especially in that fanbase. You will see the same posting keep coming up on different days as no one is buying them. Yesterday I paid $250 total for 4 seats on the 30 and a parking pass a block from the stadium in a tailgate lot. Here is another example:

4 Lower Level Gopher Football Tickets vs Iowa + parking

Go to CL MN > tickets and try both Iowa and Hawkeyes as key words!

minneapolis tickets classifieds "iowa" - craigslist=

or

minneapolis tickets classifieds "hawkeyes" - craigslist=

You can also pretend to be a goofer fan on the gopherhole.com ticket exchange!

Latest posts