Minnesota hires Jerry Kill

Well, Maturi had no cash to offer a buyout for a major candidate after firing his last two coaches...and couldn't take a chance on an up and coming coordinator after Brewster proved to be incompetent. And couldn't risk a candidate with any baggage, like Leach, after Brewster embarrassed the university with his constant baloney.

So you get an older, less accomplished version of Glen Mason from the mid-1990s...likely to beat subdivision teams and Indiana and maybe Illinois or Northwestern some years, and have a consistent identity and the same coordinators every year. But not a lot more.

This was a good hire for Iowa. We're not losing any recruits from MN or SD to the Gophers any time soon.

I actually think this is a good hire for Minnesota. Kill is a proven winner. He turned Southern Illinois into an FCS powerhouse with 5 straight playoff appearances and now has Northern Illinois a winner and took them to the MAC championship game. I'd say give him a couple years and Minnesota might be back to the middle of the pack of the Big 10.

I actually think this is a good hire for Minnesota. Kill is a proven winner. He turned Southern Illinois into an FCS powerhouse with 5 straight playoff appearances and now has Northern Illinois a winner and took them to the MAC championship game. I'd say give him a couple years and Minnesota might be back to the middle of the pack of the Big 10.

Yep, like I said, an older and less accomplished version of Glen Mason from the mid 90s. Far less scary for Iowa fans than Leach (or others).

ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

I am one of the 6 people who watched the MAC title game ... after the way NIU bungled that game, let's just say, he's perfect for the Goofers

I'm just glad the headline wasn't "Minnesota kills Jerry Hires". ;)

Latest posts