Minneapolis weather on Saturday

I love the way we obsess with game conditions and everything else Iowa football! Even a picture of TCF with the wind direction pictured! I am NOT being sarcastic. I am right there with you! Did not know the stadium was an east/west. I love it. (I will be there and I hope the wind is behind me.)

I love the way we obsess with game conditions and everything else Iowa football! Even a picture of TCF with the wind direction pictured! I am NOT being sarcastic. I am right there with you! Did not know the stadium was an east/west. I love it. (I will be there and I hope the wind is behind me.)
True fans ... most on this forum bleed black and gold.

Well if you told me the wind was from the West, It might be worse but here is where the wind will be coming from

tcfbankstadium_zps7d499dc4.jpg
Yep. My guess is that a NW wind at TFC creates a big counterclockwise swirly.

Rain or shine, midwesterners talk about the weather rain or shine.

cant' tell a story without siting direction. Me and Stan, we was sittn' outside the coffee shop, looking due east down elm streen cuz the sun was on our left and it was 7:30 AM. Joe, you got it wrong, if the sun was on our left then we waz a sittin on the south side looking south. No that's the west side of the building and we were looking across, so that's south, it was the west side.....

Rain or shine, midwesterners talk about the weather rain or shine.

cant' tell a story without siting direction. Me and Stan, we was sittn' outside the coffee shop, looking due east down elm streen cuz the sun was on our left and it was 7:30 AM. Joe, you got it wrong, if the sun was on our left then we waz a sittin on the south side looking south. No that's the west side of the building and we were looking across, so that's south, it was the west side.....

You got that right NC....2 ladies in my office (really only 1), but she is so paranoid when it comes to the weather....crazy *****...

Oh by the way, can we stop playing like EVERY DAMN YEAR in MN. Its getting old.
They owe us like 3 straight games in Kinnick.

Here is a thought should the winds be as strong as they are forecasted. Maybe we should play CJ some when we are against the wind (since he has the stronger arm) and JR when we have the wind at our back?

Id be shocked if kirk didnt do this.

I hate to break it to some of you, but this winter is going to be similar to last winter, cold wise, in the Midwest...and the models are projecting perhaps all time record cold next week, for this early in November...and potentially the most heating degree days in November since 2000. I am gonna write something up on this, given I analyze this stuff for the day job and I think this type of weather will be a part of the Big Ten West race.

I hate to break it to some of you, but this winter is going to be similar to last winter, cold wise, in the Midwest...and the models are projecting perhaps all time record cold next week, for this early in November...and potentially the most heating degree days in November since 2000. I am gonna write something up on this, given I analyze this stuff for the day job and I think this type of weather will be a part of the Big Ten West race.

Cant wait. Im ready for some ice fishing.

All of the games for Iowa up at TCF have been brutally cold or last year pouring rain. I'll take a little wind and 30s over that cold of the past any day.

You can't start tailgating at TCF until 7am, so probably going to flask it on the light rail over there and Ill be plenty warm :)

All of the games for Iowa up at TCF have been brutally cold or last year pouring rain. I'll take a little wind and 30s over that cold of the past any day.

You can't start tailgating at TCF until 7am, so probably going to flask it on the light rail over there and Ill be plenty warm :)

Flasks and football ... a beautiful thing. One of my buddies just bought one of these ... hoping to get one for Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF_-Dgqdaas

I hope we get to see some CJ here. Not so much for his arm, but I really like what his mobility could bring to this game.....

The Vikings did put some heating coils under the field ,right? I remember that Iowa game in 2010 where the field was frozen like a rock...and also the time the Bears played the Vikings there after the Dome roof collapsed...it was a rock that nite also, and Wooten ended Farve's career on that rock hard field...Wooten, same sob that took out Ricky in 2010 vs NW. ..ouch.

The Vikings did put some heating coils under the field ,right? I remember that Iowa game in 2010 where the field was frozen like a rock...and also the time the Bears played the Vikings there after the Dome roof collapsed...it was a rock that nite also, and Wooten ended Farve's career on that rock hard field...Wooten, same sob that took out Ricky in 2010 vs NW. ..ouch.

Yes, the field now has heating coils and the endzone where everyone is worried about the wind coming through has been closed up a little too. I would guess that there are some other cold weather features (sideline heaters, heated benches) available as well since they all have to be on site and ready for the Vikings and their opponents. Will they bring them out?

Of course the high that day is going to be in the upper 30s, lower 40s with some sun as well. The low temp on Saturday is 34. Wind might bite a little but quite honestly I think people are blowing this weather forecast up a bit too much. I was there in 2010. It won't be nearly as bad Saturday as it was that day. Plus most Iowa fans live in the upper Midwest, high 30s low 40s with a real feel temp of 28-32 shouldn't be too tough to deal with. 3 months out of the year Iowans would love that forecast.

Flasks and football ... a beautiful thing. One of my buddies just bought one of these ... hoping to get one for Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF_-Dgqdaas

Great post! When I went to the Iowa/Maryland game, I (innocently) took my regular binoculars, which I take to all Iowa games, and they checked them very carefully. Being naive, I asked them why and they said they had experienced many cases where people tried to sneak in flasks disguised as binocs. I had no idea...

As noted, the field runs East-West and it looks like the wind will be a cross-wind, more diagonal than sideline-to-sideline.

I noticed my weather app no longer shows the "blustery winds" imagery for the day. Shows winds at NW 16mph at KO, diminishing from there to 12mph WNW at end of game. That doesn't sound terrible for passing, especially late. 20+ is bad.

NOTE: if you have tickets in the South stands, you will be in the shade so it'll feel much cooler there than north stands.

The light rail is usually fairly warm. It was set up real well and provides great access to the bars around Target Center and Target Field.

Latest posts