Mindset of this Team??

Amen brother. It's not like we are bringing in some high powered recruits to save the program is. We are what we are, and that's mediocre. Very similar to football.

It's crazy how similar all of this is to the football debacle. Is not handling success something that little ol' Iowa is comfortable with? We shall see.

I'm hopeful that Fran gets it done, just as I'm still (strangely) hopeful that KF has a great year next year.

Having said that, reality speaks clearly, and I'm not renewing my FB season tix. Fran and KF should have next year to figure things out. Maybe Fran does something amazing. I'll wait right here and hold my breath.

No. it doesn't.

Again with the lil ole Iowa routine. Hey we sucked half a decade ago so it is ok to still not be good.

Boat, this isn't the "little ol' Iowa..." routine. I don't allow for that mentality in football and I don't for hoops. I just don't think folks understand (or recall) just how deep the hole was and if the last 8 games of last season had been 4-4 and not 1-7, we would have been a higher seed and Fran would have met expectations. But it was 1-7. Now, people fear the same thing is already happening. I don't believe it is. But, this is a rebuilding year for Fran and I think he's doing a good job. If this team fades like last year, then that is a trend. But, again, I don't see that happening.

Boat, this isn't the "little ol' Iowa..." routine. I don't allow for that mentality in football and I don't for hoops. I just don't think folks understand (or recall) just how deep the hole was and if the last 8 games of last season had been 4-4 and not 1-7, we would have been a higher seed and Fran would have met expectations. But it was 1-7. Now, people fear the same thing is already happening. I don't believe it is. But, this is a rebuilding year for Fran and I think he's doing a good job. If this team fades like last year, then that is a trend. But, again, I don't see that happening.

I don't know how you can say this at this point in the thread. You'd have an argument in year 3 but it's year 5 and if it isn't happening the likelihood is it isn't going to happen, and don't try to make an argument based on football situations.

The thing that scares me is if the fans have a "here we go again" attitude, there is a good chance the players do too. It would be hard not to. We need something good to happen to change the players mindsets. Uthoff is doing his damndest to turn things around. He did it to get a win against Minnesota and he did everything he could to get a win against Northwestern but Northwestern simply couldn't miss a shot down the stretch. We will probably know tomorrow if the season is doomed.

Latest posts