Million dollar question

kicker22

If JVB's helmet comes off does Rudock get to see the field or is a TO burned to keep him on the field?

If JVB's helmet comes off does Rudock get to see the field or is a TO burned to keep him on the field?

I don't think burning a timeout to keep said player in the game is an option. Could be wrong though. I'd say no, it would be Weinke and handing off to whomever.

TO, now if we don't have any left, would they allow Ruddock to throw a pass since there will be 10 in the box.

I heard they were going to have Vandy start the game wearing a Rudock jersey, this way after he stinks up the joint, fans will think Rudock really is no better than Vandy, and will no longer campaign for Rudock playing time. Then Ferentz will be justified in letting Vandy continue as the starting QB

If the real reason Rud didnt see the field last week was not wanting to pull the red shirt, no way does he go in for a play. CS either for that matter. Id say the conservative one burns a TO even if its a critical one.

If the real reason Rud didnt see the field last week was not wanting to pull the red shirt, no way does he go in for a play. CS either for that matter. Id say the conservative one burns a TO even if its a critical one.

Rudock is a rs frosh so that isn't an issue.

That would be tough on the psyche of the backup. Like others have said, I believe it was done for a Hyde injury (time out).

KF has surely heard about the stat saying Iowa is the only team out of 124 not to give its backup a snap. So I say KF tells JVB to "accidentally" lose his helmet on one play this game, so that Rudock comes in for one snap (we hand off to Weisman). Then he goes back to the sidelines.

And just like that, Iowa has played it's backup QB! Simple but brilliant plan by the captain.

Latest posts