Miller: Why is Coker Gone?

Just for clarification: "Coker was involved in a police investigation in late October of 2011"..that had to do with a sexual assault is very different from:

Coker was investigated for sexual assault.

"According to an Iowa City Police Department incident report from Oct. 28, 2011, obtained by an open records request, Coker was the suspect of an assault investigation initiated that day."

Than I stand corrected, must have changed since the late 90's the last time I was told that.

They of course take it away initially and up front upon the arrest/being accused.
But if you're found to be innocent by the courts, then there's nothing the DOT can use as a basis for keeping you barred.
I used to believe it worked how you described it too.
Then I saw a guy get out of his, and boom he gets his license back pronto.

From the headline I thought we would get some answers. Instead all we got was another defense of KF and the coaching staff. Not to pour salt on any wounds but other boards are saying Johnson (4 *DL) is tweeting about having doubts about coming to Iowa now. Not a good time at all at Iowa.

Losing 5 running backs in the past 3 yrs might be standard for some schools but what alarms me is this was never the case at Iowa when Coach Jackson was RB coach.
Not only could Coach Jackson recruit quality running backs but he had an incredible ability to motivate players and relate to a variety of player personalities.
Never once during his tenure did the RB attrition reach its current level. I believe this is because Coach Jackson was respected by his players not only as a good coach but also as a great human being who was just as concerned about player development both on and off the field.

What I would like to see is the woman's name be published in cases where the man was found not guilty in these type of cases. Why should the man's reputation be dragged through the mud and not the woman's when he is found innocent?

this is the U of I's doing,, not THE COACHING STAFF
and sadley they may have really screwed the pooch on this class and future classes

What I would like to see is the woman's name be published in cases where the man was found not guilty in these type of cases. Why should the man's reputation be dragged through the mud and not the woman's when he is found innocent?

yes agree, but so far, guilt and no guilt were never proven, just that it
was dropped. Unfortunate that they can hide behind a veil of
secrecy.....not a whole unlike the
anomominity of posters on forums, which many times is unfortunate.

Than I stand corrected, must have changed since the late 90's the last time I was told that.
They of course take it away initially and up front upon the arrest/being accused. But if you're found to be innocent by the courts, then there's nothing the DOT can use as a basis for keeping you barred. I used to believe it worked how you described it too.Then I saw a guy get out of his, and boom he gets his license back pronto.
Not true let's say a friend of mine was not even charged with a crime but still lost his license. If the police turn it over to the DOT, you license is gone. A license is a privilege not a right so it does not have to be attached to a law. This was in 1999 they faxed it to them.

plus if you refuse a sobriety test you lose your license for a year.

From the headline I thought we would get some answers. Instead all we got was another defense of KF and the coaching staff. Not to pour salt on any wounds but other boards are saying Johnson (4 *DL) is tweeting about having doubts about coming to Iowa now. Not a good time at all at Iowa.

Why would you think that? It isnt titled "Why Coker is Gone."

Not true let's say a friend of mine was not even charged with a crime but still lost his license. If the police turn it over to the DOT, you license is gone. A license is a privilege not a right so it does not have to be attached to a law. This was in 1999 they faxed it to them.

plus if you refuse a sobriety test you lose your license for a year.

Right, but they kinda need a legal reason to keep it barred.

Either way, pointless, nothing to do with the freaking topic.

If it was Wr's, I could understand it more. But RB's? At a school that pounds the rock like it's filled with gold?
Unfathomable.

The image is showing up just fine for me.

Doesn't show up for me on Firefox 9.01 OR on IE9 (on Win7)

Your image link is to "http://www.hawkeyenation.com/wp-content/uploads/coker.png" and nothing is present there.

You're probably looking at a cached image.

Latest posts