Miller: Why is Coker Gone?

if he was cleared of any wrong doing and the university heads suspended him then maybe the regents need to step in and investigate the President on down

When you get picked up for OWI you lose your licence regardless if you are found guilty or not for the crime.

I'm guessing in this case the U of I was like the DOT and went above and beyond the law with regard to the punishment.

Wow! Unreal if he really was let go for no reason, which I find hard to believe.....but also, why is Coker not allowed to say anything? Unless it's legal, I would think he'd have every right to speak about whatever he'd like to.

When you get picked up for OWI you lose your licence regardless if you are found guilty or not for the crime.

I'm guessing in this case the U of I was like the DOT and went above and beyond the law with regard to the punishment.

Unless you're PROVEN innocent. Then you get it back.

I didn't lose my license until I was convicted. Had I been found not guilty I wouldn't have lost it at all.

Wow! Unreal if he really was let go for no reason, which I find hard to believe.....but also, why is Coker not allowed to say anything? Unless it's legal, I would think he'd have every right to speak about whatever he'd like to.

My guess is it is part of the conditions of his scholarship release, if he doesn't keep quiet then they will bind him. Something along those lines. Plus I doubt if I had been accused of sexual assault I would want everyone knowing, but then again with all the rumors going around if I didn't do it I would want to clear my name.

Nowadays it seems you are guilty until proven innocent. Sucks women get away with alot when it comes to the law, their word is golden. Not right, feel bad for Coker.

What i find weird is that they suspended him after he was cleared of any wrong doings...and if that is the reason why the U of I totally screwed the pooch on this one and will look not only foolish but utterly stupid.

My guess is he still broke some university rule, probably something having to do with a crime taking place in your residence.

No you don't.

Yes, you do. They can't keep you barred IF you are found innocent. Think about it. I know someone who fought their OWI and won, they got their license back(after a lot of paperwork and BS) right away after the charges were dropped.....

My guess is it is part of the conditions of his scholarship release, if he doesn't keep quiet then they will bind him. Something along those lines. Plus I doubt if I had been accused of sexual assault I would want everyone knowing, but then again with all the rumors going around if I didn't do it I would want to clear my name.
Not thinking that you're released from the team for an accusation....especially if you're not guilty. If, in fact he is guilty of something, then we'll know eventually.

Just for clarification: "Coker was involved in a police investigation in late October of 2011"..that had to do with a sexual assault is very different from:

Coker was investigated for sexual assault.

Latest posts