Miller: The Hawkeyes Have a Chance to Retake Something from Wisconsin

I made mention in another post, but I wonder just how impressive Wisco's win was over Nebraska......a team that almost lost to an FCS opponent and best wins comes against Miami and Northwestern. My hope is Wisconsin beat up on a weak Nebraska at home and will come into Kinnick and be brought back to Earth. But, good, no great Iowa needs to show up for that to happen.

Miami is a good team. They dominated the first half against FSU

This next game is a game that the Iowa offense needs to win. Not the Iowa defense that has basically kept us in every game but Minny. Its time for the offense to step up and control the clock and score points.

If we go BAU, the Iowa defense will wear down and Gordon III will run all over us. The only way to control Melvin is to keep him on the bench watching the game while we move up and down the field. Is the Iowa offense up to the challenge? Will KF release the dogs of war? Will Iowa make Bucky pay for loading the box?

Only if our coaches go against evefry tendancy they have shown this season. We can't win a smash-mouth ground war with the rodents this year.

Miami is a good team. They dominated the first half against FSU

Not saying they're a bad team, but who hasn't dominated FSU in the first half this year. With this FSU the only thing that matters is the second half, as that is generally the only half they show up for.

Not saying they're a bad team, but who hasn't dominated FSU in the first half this year. With this FSU the only thing that matters is the second half, as that is generally the only half they show up for.
Jameis is probably running a scheme with some buddies making halftime score bets.

Not just the narrative, but the fact:

Earlier in the fourth quarter, the Hawkeyes also slipped up when they allowed Wisconsin to convert a fake punt into a first down on what turned out to be the Badgers' game-winning drive.

"Had we gone punt safe, it wouldn't have been an issue," Ferentz said. "We blew that one. That's my job."

So no, they were not expecting a fake punt. At that point in the field and game, punt safe is the call and I am sure Kirk would do that 10 times out of 10 now. I am not saying it was an obvious thing, either, and that Kirk should have seen it coming. But its one of the things you have to process when that is your job

Kirk has proven time and time again that he might not be ready 1 out of 10. Kirk is the definition of not being prepared for fakes.

"The Wisconsin team coming into Kinnick Stadium this week isn’t as good as the 2010 or 2011 Badgers. It’s not as good as last year’s Badgers. Heck, it might not be as good as the 2012 Badgers who went 8-6 overall, winning the Big Ten title by scoring 70 on Nebraska, despite their current 8-1 record; the Badgers have had as favorable a schedule as the Hawkeyes.
This is a good Wisconsin team, not a great one. But they have a great running back, one of the best in the history of Big Ten football, and in this era of Big Ten Football (which is not a good one), that’s enough to win on any given Saturday. Yet this is a Wisconsin team who lost at Northwestern, the same Wildcat football team that was dismantled by the Hawkeyes two and a half weeks ago."

I disagree. Gordon is a threat to score on every touch, which makes them more dangerous than those previous teams, plus their D is playing great. The only reason NW beat them was due to a bunch of turnovers, and a bunch of turnovers and some more good luck plays is the only chance Iowa has in this game.

Last edited:
So It'll be curious to see if the prevailing percieved value of our program has dropped so low that students rush the field with Iowa shaking the 4 year jinx and beating the #20 ranked team in the land! Most of them have only known mediocrity in their time in IC....just saying.

Noticed the BTN is showing the 2010 Wisconsin-Iowa game.
I don't think I'll ever watch that game, again.

Bobby Olive, you have been replaced by the Fake Punt.
Congrats, Mr. Olive.

This has random Iowa win that no one sees coming that has us question why the **** we lost to Iowa State written all over it

I can definitely feel the hype around campus this week for the game. Two of my professors finished of lecture this week by playing some football highlights on the projector. I love it and this is how it should be every week for Hawkeye football.

This has random Iowa win that no one sees coming that has us question why the **** we lost to Iowa State written all over it

Do we really need to beat Wisconsin to wonder how it was possible to lose to Iowa State?

I heard that Iowa has some recruits coming to the game...3 recruits from...get this... Wisconsin.

got this from another site:

John Higgins (6-3, 235), a defensive end from Williams Bay, and Wausau West High linebacker Jake Whalen (6-2, 220) and a player named Toren Young

anyone else know anything about this?

Latest posts