Miller: Stanzi for Heisman? Time to think about it

The Heisman talk on Stanzi was premature before the Wisconsin game now its a dead issue.

I dont recall saying he dserved an invite to NYC. I said if he kept playing the way he has been and if Iowa kept winning he could be a darkhorse candidate.

It was mostly an opportunity to shine a light on the season Rick is having and how it stacks up historically against other Iowa QB's.

I realize there are superstitious folks out there that hate stuff like this, but I am not superstitious :)

I would love to see any Hawkeye get recognition. I just felt at the time it was premature especially with Wisconsin, Ohio State and Michigan State on the horizon. He has nice numbers, but Heisman level? Thats questionable.

Through six games (when this was written), Stanzi was having one of the best seasons an Iowa QB has ever had. Two of those QB's finished runner up to Heisman Trophy. I think as late as the Indiana game, game nine, he was in ESPN's Top 4 Heisman tracker.

This was written before the Wisconsin game. At the time of this writing, if our offense would have kept producing at the level it had been for the last 2 years Stanzi very well could have received an invite. We probably would have won the rest of our games, ( I will even give up the WI game.) We finish 10-2, we go to a BCS Bowl game and Stanzi has an outside shot at an INVITE. On 10/20/2010, nobody would have said we would end the season 7-5.

Ha ha never once have I said that AA was heisman material, or anyone on Iowa States team.

But this thread is funny.

Ha ha never once have I said that AA was heisman material, or anyone on Iowa States team.

But this thread is funny.

Or that one time. thru six games where Senegal Wallace was a heisman candidate and Isu was in the top ten

I guess we can blame you for jinxing the team.Thanks Jon I feel better now it's your fault for the melt down the team had.

Latest posts