Miller: Rest of Schedule Favors Iowa

The Big Ten is wild this year,so predictions are tough.
My preseason prediction was 5 Big Ten wins for Iowa.
We have 2 wins I did not pick,so my prediction goes to 7 wins...that would be a huge jump from the team that was the concensus #12 preseason pick.

Love that picture of Aaron White on the front page. That was such a nice drive by him,going left,using his left hand,in a one-handed shot that almost went in...you can just tell that Aaron White is a gym rat who grew up with a hoop in his backyard...that is how you develop the ambidextreous shooting,and handle that he is so skilled at....thousands of hours of solo time, shooting in the backyard.

Actually Archie defended him decently but its just hard to have him on the court because of his total lack of offensive ability.

Archie is really interesting. He doesn't totally lack offensive skill, he just has zero touch. He'll make a terrific move to get a good look, and then just can't finish to save his life.

The Big Ten is wild this year,so predictions are tough. My preseason prediction was 5 Big Ten wins for Iowa.We have 2 wins I did not pick,so my prediction goes to 7 wins...that would be a huge jump from the team that was the concensus #12 preseason pick. Love that picture of Aaron White on the front page. That was such a nice drive by him,going left,using his left hand,in a one-handed shot that almost went in...you can just tell that Aaron White is a gym rat who grew up with a hoop in his backyard...that is how you develop the ambidextreous shooting,and handle that he is so skilled at....thousands of hours of solo time, shooting in the backyard.

I also became ambidextreous from thousands of hours of solo time. I never shot in the backyard tho

I think the Iowa team that beat Wisconsin and Minnesota could handle Purdue tomorrow night. When the Hawks played Purdue the first time around, they hadn't quite figured it all out yet.

Right now, I think Iowa is capable of beating any team in the conference except Ohio State and MSU. Those two teams are very, very good.

I would be thrilled to see Iowa finish the season 9-9 or 10-8 in conference play.

my opinion of each team left

@Purdue they caught Iowa at the beginning of BT with a BP that came into the game avg 4 ppg, can Bird dupilcate his performance twice i am very doubtful. Hummel can score but can't beat Iowa by himself. with winning at Wiscy and Minnesota, this give this team the confidence to win at Purdue, pay back time Iowa wins, 4-3
Nebraska @ Iowa is finding out how hard the BT is; 5-3
@Indiana is getting back, Zeller gives them something that Iowa lacks in the middle;5-4
Minnesota @ Iowa is struggling this year and even more so on the road;6-4
Penn St @ Iowa lost more than they could afford and like all teams are finding it difficult to win on the road 7-4
@ Northwesten,on the road it is no picnic, loss 7-5
@ PSU on the road but this i call a push but i will put it the win column 8-5
Indiana @ Iowa the home court wins this game 9-5
Wisconsin @ Iowa confidence is growing and again home court advantage 10-5
@ Illinois Iowa even in their best years rarely won 10-6
@Nebraska home court not enough for this one 11-6
Northwestern @ Iowa last game of regular season Senior nite 12-6

i may be wrong about one maybe 2 games. but this team is better than most people either think or hope to be, to me the 1st games of the OOC schedule Cartwright had a concussion and hamstring problems, Marble also had problems with a concussion and Basabe was over weight and out of shape, they are now in shape and are playing much better.
Marble has really improved from last year, so has McCabe and if you have noticed he is no longer getting the silly fouls like he did early on especially the moving screen. White is getting better and also is getting more minutes
the main thing to consider is May and Gatens are not and never were bad players unforetunately their 1st years were corrupted by a very bad coach
Fran is a very good coach as well as a teacher. the future is getting better and this year team is making a statement to that affect
whether i am right or wrong on the final results are not that important, it is the play on the court that matters
good comments

This team is to tough to predict because we do not know which one shows up, the team that plays good defense and can knock down a shot or the one that shoots 25%. This team has proved they can beat anyone but can lose to anyone. On paper, yeah, they should win a number of these games down the stretch. I hope it happens!

The Big Ten is wild this year,so predictions are tough.
My preseason prediction was 5 Big Ten wins for Iowa.
We have 2 wins I did not pick,so my prediction goes to 7 wins...that would be a huge jump from the team that was the concensus #12 preseason pick.

Love that picture of Aaron White on the front page. That was such a nice drive by him,going left,using his left hand,in a one-handed shot that almost went in...you can just tell that Aaron White is a gym rat who grew up with a hoop in his backyard...that is how you develop the ambidextreous shooting,and handle that he is so skilled at....thousands of hours of solo time, shooting in the backyard.

larry bird spend hours shooting basketball before he play for indiana state. before he became the star at boston celtics.i think AW would have nice career ahead of himself:)

Iowa has 3 more wins in conference than I predicted, yet 2 fewer wins in non-conf, so they are +1 right now in the win column as to what I saw.

I predicted 8-10 for Iowa, but that was starting out 0-7 (yes I thought they could close 8-3). So if they win the remaining games I predicted, they'll be 11-7. I'll be the first to admit I didn't see Indiana this good. I can certainly see 9-9 from this group. 11-7 would be truly amazing, even with the forgivable schedule. But the B1G is deep, people can't forget that. There is no night off. Just because it's favorable doesn't means it's going to necessarily provide more wins.

Interesting talk esp after the Campbell game when some (not all) questioned if Iowa could get 10 wins on the season.

He's a big time match up problem for Iowa, though. Even given that he's soft, we don't have anyone that can go toe-to-toe with him. But like I said, I'm not too worried about Minnesota, because they have zero perimeter weapons.

Well that would be a mistake given that they just won at Indiana something Kentucky and OSU couldn't do.

Well that would be a mistake given that they just won at Indiana something Kentucky and OSU couldn't do.

Why is that a mistake? I could have been worried out of my mind about Campbell. That wouldn't have affected the team in the slightest. Ditto for Minnesota. My state of concern has no impact on the game whatsoever.

Why is that a mistake? I could have been worried out of my mind about Campbell. That wouldn't have affected the team in the slightest. Ditto for Minnesota. My state of concern has no impact on the game whatsoever.

Its kinda like when one of these dipwads saids hey dont talk about this or that game because we need to worry about Purdue.

We are not on the team. It doesnt matter what we talk about.

Some people need to realize that taking it one game at a time has nothing to do with fans.

You really enjoy arguing don't you? Don't be concerned, I don't care. But, a bad team doesn't waltz into Indiana and beat them on their home floor.

You really enjoy arguing don't you? Don't be concerned, I don't care. But, a bad team doesn't waltz into Indiana and beat them on their home floor.

When Indiana goes 4-22 from behind the arc, anything can happen. Upsets happen. Minnesota is far from good. Their leading scorer that game, Hollins, averages just under 9 ppg on the year, and he was averaging less than 5 ppg in Big Ten play going into that game. He dropped 18 against the Hoosiers. Remember when David Palmer had a 4-game stretch where he looked like a boss? It happens.

Last edited:
When Indiana goes 4-22 from behind the arc, anything can happen. Upsets happen. Minnesota is far from good. Their leading scorer that game, Hollins, averages just under 9 ppg on the year, and he was averaging less than 5 ppg in Big Ten play going into that game. He dropped 18 against the Hoosiers. Remember when David Palmer had a 4-game stretch where he looked like a boss? It happens.

They also just drilled PSU at their place(something Purdue was unable to do) and played Illinois tough on the road. They are our rivals and hate us. Concerned yet?

They also just drilled PSU at their place(something Purdue was unable to do) and played Illinois tough on the road. They are our rivals and hate us. Concerned yet?

You know something Purdue WAS able to do? Drill Minnesota at The Barn. Seriously, the transitive property is worthless in sports.

You know something Purdue WAS able to do? Drill Minnesota at The Barn. Seriously, the transitive property is worthless in sports.

Minnesota is horrible. Don't be concerned about them. Iowa will win easily.

Minnesota is horrible. Don't be concerned about them. Iowa will win easily.

Classic HN post. Always take things to extremes. Iowa won't cruise, because we aren't great either. But there are other games I'm more concerned about than the Minnesota game.

Latest posts