Miller: KC Radio Says Big 10 Invites Four

this has been a fun off season, with all the speculations on Big ten expansion, coaching changes at both state schools, iowa basketball recruiting.....thanks for giving us reasons to continue to read and post during the off season.

Somehow, somthing that won't really end up effecting Iowa State at all got turned into a 321-post thread on Cyclone Fanatic.

Somehow, somthing that won't really end up effecting Iowa State at all got turned into a 321-post thread on Cyclone Fanatic.

If true, how does it not effect ISU? ISU at best would be left out on an island from the big 12. At worst its seeking a new conference that would likely be a downgrade.

If true, how does it not effect ISU? ISU at best would be left out on an island from the big 12. At worst its seeking a new conference that would likely be a downgrade.

I agree that this most certainly would affect ISU, and I can see why their fans are debating it.

All of this expansion talk is fun, better then the normal may conversation that happens on the boards..

The one thing that often gets overlooked, is the huge benefit Texas would have if some of the Big 12 "competition" left the league. 12-0 is still 12-0, I mean look at what TCU and Boise State got for playing in a terrible league and going 12-0, a big pay day. And those are two relative no-name schools, so if Texas went 12-0, even in a terrible conference, they would be ranked higher then a 1 loss team from from most any conference.

If Texas plays this right, they could end up in the national championship game, or BCS game every other year just by letting the "good" teams go, and continuing in a BCS Big XII.

So....here's my question...if this ONLY for football, or what it also encompass basketball and all other minor sports?

I kind of feel like the phrase that goes "it ain't over til the fat lady sings" applies. In this case the fat lady is Jim Delaney. Until he speaks it ain't official.

I do believe it is probable that Missouri and Nebraska are invited. Then it will be up to Texas and Oklahoma to decide if they want to make a counter offer. The counter offer to share conference revenue equally. In turn will that offer be great enough to match what the Big Ten can offer? I do not have the numbers, but I do not think they can match the offer.

Unless Texas leaves, the Big 12 is not going anywhere. Iowa State will still be in the Big 12, but instead of playing Nebraska and Mizzou, you get two different teams.

The one thing that often gets overlooked, is the huge benefit Texas would have if some of the Big 12 "competition" left the league. 12-0 is still 12-0, I mean look at what TCU and Boise State got for playing in a terrible league and going 12-0, a big pay day. And those are two relative no-name schools, so if Texas went 12-0, even in a terrible conference, they would be ranked higher then a 1 loss team from from most any conference.

I thought Texa$$ went 12-0 in a terrible conference last year.

I do believe it is probable that Missouri and Nebraska are invited. Then it will be up to Texas and Oklahoma to decide if they want to make a counter offer. The counter offer to share conference revenue equally. In turn will that offer be great enough to match what the Big Ten can offer? I do not have the numbers, but I do not think they can match the offer.

I think Texas would rather join the Big 10 themselves than split up the revenue evenly. You split those revenues up in the B12 and it still does not come close to what the B10 can offer.

Texas could be independent. They make enough money to be able to survive on their own. They would still be able to schedule their rivals in football. They would be an at-large team with a good enough record in basketball. They do not need anybody. They would get invited to a BCS game because of the amount of viewers and the amount of fans that would follow the team to the game would be a cash cow. I think someone said that they were thinking about starting their own network, with the amount of people in texas they would not have to share revenue with anybody else and would still be able to play Tech, A&M and baylor so other people in texas would buy the network. They do not have to do anything, they can survive on their own.

Latest posts