Miller: Iowa-Michigan Prediction

Stanzi and company light up Michigan Stadium. Robinson then has a big day on the ground...Adam, that is... The Iowa defense is who it is. So much the worse for D-Rob...

Iowa follows the mantra of Hayden Fry and comes out "Scatching where it itches" with play action passes punching more holes in the Michigan secondary than a Brian Ross interview in Sarah Palin's resume.

After that, Michigan is so confused Adam Robinson and the Hawkeye O-line tee-off. Chaos reigns in Ann Arbor where 1130,000 people have seldom been more silent.

The result: Iowa launches its Big Ten title drive in earnest. The Final Score from Ann Arbor: Iowa- 45, Michigan- 17.

Denard is still young and the Iowa D will force him to make mistakes. If he doesn't, we lose though.

My guess is that we win 42-28 with the game in doubt well into the fourth quarter.

Dont feel good about this game at all, If our vanilla O comes out sluggish we lose, hard, and I'm not confident that our D can contain Drob on the ground, MSU got very very lucky with a lot of last second jersey grabs and ankle tackles on him that had those not happend he would of already been at the second level. I hope that these two weeks have allowed us to figure him out.

35-17 Michigan, I believe we will come out of the gate horrifically slow and sloppy. The only way I can see us winning is that we score Td's on every possession and that we don't let up if we get up by 10-17 points as being the nice guy will cause us to lose to a Q.S.O (Quick Strike Offense) team like Michigan, in a sense we have to avoid playing Iowa football. We must score every time and rely on our D and Denard to help us out with turnovers and stops.

If things go our way and we show up strong, fast and ready to play then: 35-21 Iowa.

Jon,
I think this is a perfect time to have a Miller and Deace break down for another podcast!!! A Michigan fan giving his thoughts on the upcoming matchup against an Iowa fan.....GO!!!

I feel as bad about this game as I did with the Arizona game, and we all know how that turned out....

I had a good feeling before the Arizona game and the opposite happened. I have a bad feeling about this one so the Hawks will probably win.

Iowa 30 Michigan 23

Before the season I felt there were two games that could prevent us from being undefeated going into the OSU game....one was Arizona, the other was Michigan.

We failed the first test...hopefully we don't do the same this time around.

I heard a stat yesterday that Big Ten teams are 17-32 coming off a bye week since 2002....Iowa is 1-3 in that same time span (including that loss to Illinois in 08 that we should have won). Hopefully the players on this team know how to use a bye week and come out fired up....otherwise, we could drop to 4-2 and my expectations for this season won't be met.

Don't buy into the D. Rob hype. He is not playing no name D's like he did pre conference. I look for this to be similar to the Mich-MSU game......Iowa 35-17!

I again see horizontal passing game a problem for us, but if we contain Robinson and do not make mistakes ourselves and force long drives Iowa comes out ahead in the game 30-20. UM defense will struggle against our passing and running games we will move the ball just have too not make mistakes that lead to easy UM points and we can win the game.

Dont feel good about this game at all, If our vanilla O comes out sluggish we lose, hard, and I'm not confident that our D can contain Drob on the ground, MSU got very very lucky with a lot of last second jersey grabs and ankle tackles on him that had those not happend he would of already been at the second level. I hope that these two weeks have allowed us to figure him out.

35-17 Michigan, I believe we will come out of the gate horrifically slow and sloppy. The only way I can see us winning is that we score Td's on every possession and that we don't let up if we get up by 10-17 points as being the nice guy will cause us to lose to a Q.S.O (Quick Strike Offense) team like Michigan, in a sense we have to avoid playing Iowa football. We must score every time and rely on our D and Denard to help us out with turnovers and stops.

If things go our way and we show up strong, fast and ready to play then: 35-21 Iowa.

While I definitely don't think this is a "gimme", do you really think the ONLY way we win is score a TD on every possession? We have one of, if not THEE best defense in the country, and are going against an impatient offense. If you said the only way Michigan wins is to score on every possession then I could see it.

The way to beat Iowa's defense is to be patient and take what the defense gives you. Once you start pressing a little, they will make you pay. Michigan is not a patient offense.

35-24 Iowa.

Iowa 33
Michigan 21
Michigan gets a late TD to make it look like it was actually a somewhat close game.

Iowa 38 Michigan 23

Michigan moves ball between the 20s but D-Rob gets tentative in red zone after hearing all week about turnovers. Michigan's defense won't allow long rushing plays but A-Rob should have a couple of handfuls of 5-10 yarders. Michigans DBs are not solid tacklers and have poor angle pursuit. McNutt and DJK will have a lot of YACs.

Michigan will be fired up emotionally because they don't want a repeat of last season. Iowa needs to go out-of-character on the first offensive drive because the defense's emotions of Michigan will overtake their awareness. Punch 'em in the sternum right away and give the underclass DBs something else to think about. That will put them on their heels for run support.

Denard is still young and the Iowa D will force him to make mistakes. If he doesn't, we lose though.

My guess is that we win 42-28 with the game in doubt well into the fourth quarter.

You hit it on the head. DRob must make mistakes. I think our defense will make him do it.

Latest posts