Miller: Do You Play McCall Again in 2011?

Hasn't Kirk always stated that he is going to do what he has to do to win now? That being the case if he shows to be a better option than the other two kids in practice I would think he would play.

Esentially thats it. It's up to the teams medical staff to clear a player to play. If they don't and they can show he had an injury that would reasonably keep a player out the season (like a broken ankle) the NCAA pretty much just rubber stamps it.

If i am not mistaken, wouldnt the medical redshirt not be examined untill after the last year of eligiblity?

This has been mentioned in other threads but I'd like to see Deandre Johnson tote the rock some more this weekend. Finally see what he can do. In limited action he has shown some nifty footwork.

Johnson could be a nice compliment to Coker also, if he can get some more in-game experience

This has been mentioned in other threads but I'd like to see Deandre Johnson tote the rock some more this weekend. Finally see what he can do. In limited action he has shown some nifty footwork.

Johnson could be a nice compliment to Coker also, if he can get some more in-game experience

'Limited action' is right. Even more limited than Canzeri ;)

It should be an easy "no" under normal circumstances, but given that the staff has seen fit to only play one RB (Coker) all season after McCall went down, I don't know what the right call is here. Medically I doubt his ankle can take the stress and strain, so he may not be cleared. Even if he is cleared, the staff will limit his carries (rightly so), so why burn a RS year for the last half of the season with limited duty?

Better answer is get Canizeri, Bullock, Rogers, Johnson some freaking PT so we aren't in this situation again next year. This staff puzzles me with their stranglehold on PT at certain positions. Coker does a decent job of north-south running, but isn't good for the stretch.

You know the crazy thing? McCall is still our 2nd leading rusher. His 9 for 61 are second best on the whole team. I find that amazing.

Absolutely!

No question about it, if McCall is healthy, you play him. He's not going to stay here five years anyway, so there is no reason to redshirt him. You play the best RBs you have, while you have them. No reason to EVER redshirt an RB that can contribute right now.

Last edited:
Agree...PLAY HIM!
Most of the time when a bone heals it is stronger than it was before it broke not weaker.
That being the case get the kid on the field as soon as possible.

Latest posts