Miller & Deace Podcasts

I love listening to these podcasts (I look forward to them) but there is one HUGE thing that bothers me. Steve Deace talks too much. I love his insight and opinions and I like having him but in 40 minutes you get 35 minutes of Deace and 5 minutes of Miller.

Jon - Talk a little more buddy..... we want to hear your thoughts, opinions also.....

sometimes that is simply a function of personality and style. so long as they complement each other the product can come off well.

Still, I get what you're saying.

I posted this in the thread about the latest podcast, but I'll repeat it here:

Quick technical question: Whenever Deace talks in the podcasts, there's some clacking noise in the background. It sounds like a clicky keyboard or something. Is he gaming while these are recorded? Shaking up a paint marker? What's going on?

I posted this in the thread about the latest podcast, but I'll repeat it here:

Quick technical question: Whenever Deace talks in the podcasts, there's some clacking noise in the background. It sounds like a clicky keyboard or something. Is he gaming while these are recorded? Shaking up a paint marker? What's going on?
I noticed that too. Sounds like he's playing minesweeper when he's talking.

There were a couple of podcasts last week and the week before where I could swear I heard crickets chirping in the background when Deace got on the line.

I like Steve, he is very witty and he makes some good points and his dry humor always makes me laugh but everybody knows he is an Iowa State fan. He doesn't give 2 sh%$s about the Iowa Hawkeyes. Sometimes I wish Jon would do the podcasts with a different former Iowa player every week. It would be fun to listen to serious, informative Iowa Hawkeye Football instead of listening to Deace take cheap shots at Iowa fans and ramble on and on about Michigan. Sometimes the podcast seems to be more Cyclone and Wolverine garbage than anything else. I still enjoy listening to it, I just wish Jon would talk more and even out the commentary instead of Steave "The Cyclone" Deace doing 80% of the show.

There were a couple of podcasts last week and the week before where I could swear I heard crickets chirping in the background when Deace got on the line.

I like Steve, he is very witty and he makes some good points and his dry humor always makes me laugh but everybody knows he is an Iowa State fan. He doesn't give 2 sh%$s about the Iowa Hawkeyes. Sometimes I wish Jon would do the podcasts with a different former Iowa player every week. It would be fun to listen to serious, informative Iowa Hawkeye Football instead of listening to Deace take cheap shots at Iowa fans and ramble on and on about Michigan. Sometimes the podcast seems to be more Cyclone and Wolverine garbage than anything else. I still enjoy listening to it, I just wish Jon would talk more and even out the commentary instead of Steave "The Cyclone" Deace doing 80% of the show.

Besides that he's hilarious, smart and is up on what all is going on and just plain knows what he's talking about I think it's great to have a someone that isn't a homer giving his outside of the box 2 cents. We as homers can just about all write and think similar things already. I get bored of that. Having someone that backs up his opinions with either stats or facts is refreshing. They are awhole lot tougher to disagree with. I miss hearing the two of them on the radio back in the day I almost get flashbacks listening to them. More Jon wouldn't hurt anything either though.

I enjoy them even more than most if not all national shows. I appreciate Steve's insight, wit and how articulate he is when speaking. He definitely is great at improv. They compliment each other very well & it's just so fluid between them.

Jon should have the funniest one of ALL TIME have it's own little spot so can be accessed easily. It's the one where Deace states some cheesy phrase & Jon calls him out saying paraphrase "you're pulling out 1980's bumper stickers" & they can't stop laughing. Jon can correct me or comment on this. But, that podcast was an actual classic. Funny as h--l. I can't for the life of me remember what Deace said to start it. It was some rhyme referring to his skills or something.

Sometimes it's a function of the topic...and the roles we both have given our time together...I typically do more of the asking and chime in along the way...it's just how our dynamic has evolved and I am not going to go messing with it as we have fun doing it. I do the commentaries after the games, which have been pretty popular (usually around 10K downloads) and then I come back on Sunday night and try to get Steve's take because his is pretty much bias free. I think it works..then when we go to the Big Ten, I'll still hang, but when we go national, that is where Steve is clearly the lead dog and I am not gonna pretend to watch as many of those games as he does, because I don't.

I enjoy them even more than most if not all national shows. I appreciate Steve's insight, wit and how articulate he is when speaking. He definitely is great at improv. They compliment each other very well & it's just so fluid between them.

Jon should have the funniest one of ALL TIME have it's own little spot so can be accessed easily. It's the one where Deace states some cheesy phrase & Jon calls him out saying paraphrase "you're pulling out 1980's bumper stickers" & they can't stop laughing. Jon can correct me or comment on this. But, that podcast was an actual classic. Funny as h--l. I can't for the life of me remember what Deace said to start it. It was some rhyme referring to his skills or something.

Sorry, I don't recall that which is surprising. If you click on our podcast link in the upper right, and scroll to the bottom, there are three classics in there....the Sleepover Podcast, our Culturally Insensitive Football League, which was probably the one I would rate at the top as it was total impromptu (as have been pretty much everything we have ever done together) and considering the stuff we came up with on the fly, that is why it ranks at the top of my list...then some quick hitters.

I posted something like this under the podcast itself..

I usually enjoy Steve's comments. I listen to every Podcast. He's witty, articulate, on and on. But for the life of me, cannot reason how he can actually even remotely support (through lack of condemnation) the Barnum Brother's act the other day about a B12 conspiracy theory vs ISU. If ISU wants out of the B12 that badly, it's working. Boo Steve!

On a positive note, I love hearing Deace having to self-efface about scUM. :cool:

Great product fellas.

Sometimes it's a function of the topic...and the roles we both have given our time together...I typically do more of the asking and chime in along the way...it's just how our dynamic has evolved and I am not going to go messing with it as we have fun doing it. I do the commentaries after the games, which have been pretty popular (usually around 10K downloads) and then I come back on Sunday night and try to get Steve's take because his is pretty much bias free. I think it works..then when we go to the Big Ten, I'll still hang, but when we go national, that is where Steve is clearly the lead dog and I am not gonna pretend to watch as many of those games as he does, because I don't.

Jon do you know what that clicking is when Deace talks? I'm not sure why it is happening but it gets distracting when it happens.

The strange noise I hear in the podcasts reminds me of shaking a paint spray can and hearing the ball bang around.

I love the Miller/Deace pairing, they have great rapport.

If anything, Deace has been over the top complimentary about the Hawkeyes this year. Way more complimentary than our own fanbase. Maybe thats why people don't want to hear him, they'd rather wallow in their misery of having the worst coach in America than hear something positive.

I love the podcast and enjoy both Jon and Steve's comments/insight on Iowa/college football. The only thing I don't like is when Steve brings politics into it even when trying to make examples. Other then that it's great.

John PLEASE tell steve to stop typing on his keyboard while you guys are conversing!!!
love the show but......geez that annoying and rude quite frankly.

Yes, Steve needs a decent external mic. Otherwise, they are great!

Also, thanks for the classics like the CIFL. I forgot about the Crackahs. Lolololol!