Miller & Deace on Wisconsin Loss, Where Program is Heading

Jon good stuff. However I'm not sure you know truly what the issue is with Iowa. First you talk about the problem being not having a dynamic back (which is what I agree with) then you evolve your argument to make it scheme based.

If Kirk Ferentz is this Great Guy that everybody says he is (And I do believe Kirk is a great guy), then he will not wait for the University of Iowa to fire him. He will walk away before that day happens and he will not accept a 2.875 million dollar buyout for every year remaining on his contract. He would give it back to the U of I. I would think for a guy that was givin' so much by the University of Iowa and the Hawkeye fan base, that Kirk would have enough honor and integrity to not accept almost $14,000,000 in buyout after this year especially when the University of Iowa has probably paid him upwards of $40 million dollars already. I'm sure Kirk and his family will be very well to do after Kirk quits coaching. If Kirk did accept the entire buyout if and when he is fired, he would lose a lot of respect from a lot of fans and to a certain percentage of the fan base, his legacy would be tarnished by taking that kind of buyout. (By the way, I believe Kirk will be the coach next year and probably beyond)

Kirk won't leave on his own...why would he? He makes $4,000,000 per year and has zero fear of being fired, no matter what is record is. Even if he does somehow get the ax, he will still rake in millions and millions of dollars.

Until this board shuts down we can at least receive regular medication as part of our self-therapy program.

Attachments

• MV5BNDc2NjMwNTUwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUzNTIwNA@@._V1__SX1473_SY724_.jpg
    MV5BNDc2NjMwNTUwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUzNTIwNA@@._V1__SX1473_SY724_.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1
If Kirk Ferentz is this Great Guy that everybody says he is (And I do believe Kirk is a great guy), then he will not wait for the University of Iowa to fire him. He will walk away before that day happens and he will not accept a 2.875 million dollar buyout for every year remaining on his contract. He would give it back to the U of I. I would think for a guy that was givin' so much by the University of Iowa and the Hawkeye fan base, that Kirk would have enough honor and integrity to not accept almost $14,000,000 in buyout after this year especially when the University of Iowa has probably paid him upwards of $40 million dollars already. I'm sure Kirk and his family will be very well to do after Kirk quits coaching. If Kirk did accept the entire buyout if and when he is fired, he would lose a lot of respect from a lot of fans and to a certain percentage of the fan base, his legacy would be tarnished by taking that kind of buyout. (By the way, I believe Kirk will be the coach next year and probably beyond)

If you really believe he'd walk away from the money... then you'd have to believe he never wanted to be paid $4 million a year in the first place. He will be our coach next year and the year after that... and the year after that. As long as the "mediocre" sports programs at the U of I continue to rake in revenues which rank it among the nations top 20 athletic departments, there's no real reason for Barta to change anything. Even losing a few thousand season ticket holders next year won't matter.

I used to think AIRBHG just liked hurting iowa runningbacks. Now I know it's more about making iowa have a terrible rushing game. He found a new but equally affective way to make that happen.

REVELATION ALERT! It all makes sense why Weisman has survived 3 seasons without an AIRBHG attack but many of the other guys have been in / out of rehab, transferred, etc ... he's not a RB! ;)

REVELATION ALERT! It all makes sense why Weisman has survived 3 seasons without an AIRBHG attack but many of the other guys have been in / out of rehab, transferred, etc ... he's not a RB! ;)

More likely AIRBHG realizes it's more punishment for Iowa to leave Weisman healthy and in the lineup.

Jon - In regard to your response to me, most of us were still under the impression that you somewhat still had to walk on egg shells when it came to criticism...I apologize for not knowing that your role/situation has changed. And far as the "Getting to leave on his own terms" thingy, maybe I misunderstood what you said on the podcast when you said that you were not calling for KF to take a long walk on a short pier. I took that as to mean you were not in any form of fashion calling for his ouster or stepping down....meaning it was his decision alone as to when it's over.

Frankly, it's not really something I am all that interested in writing about. What I want doesn't matter. I don't pay for tickets and I am not about to start telling people what they should not do with their time and dollars.

I am more into laying out data, discussing it and then let people arrive at their own decisions....

With rare exceptions.

I think that I smell what you and Steve were cooking, Jon. Not that this University will ever serve it...

He still is a great guy but any changes in his or his families income would need to be reported to Section 8 housing and that paperwork is a pain in the rear. I'd just keep earning millions and not mess w/ the chance to foul up his families state subsidized housing benefits. We're getting off cheap anyway, if he were to find himself unemployed how much in WIC/title 19/ and food stamps are we gonna have to dole out to the Ferentzszsz?

Coach needs to go to the best running back that will listen and promise that kid to be the starting rb in 2015. Get some stud rb in here and feed him the ball. If for no other reason than to "play the best running back" abandon the effing pro-style to a system that doesn't require the rb to be such a damn good pass blocker.

apparently the football product is interesting enough for the Admissions dept to feature in this video.

[video=youtube;dTum24SjHFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTum24SjHFA[/video]

Jon good stuff. However I'm not sure you know truly what the issue is with Iowa. First you talk about the problem being not having a dynamic back (which is what I agree with) then you evolve your argument to make it scheme based.

I think it's both. I think Weisman could have a better chance at being more productive if he ran out of 3 and 4 WR sets. Regardless, when he is your #1 RB option, your RB options are severely lacking...and he has been Iowa's #1 RB option for two and a half years.

I am ready for a new coach. Is there a risk? Yes. Just look a what Notre Dame has gone through even with elite status. Nebraska and Michigan have also struggled. USC and Alabama were down for years until they found the right coach. So yes there is a high chance of falling flat on our faces with a new coach, but I am ok with that just as long as we try to get a successful coach. I have never believed in statis quo in my entire life. So I am ready for a change. I love being a hawkeye and always will come hell or high water, but I am always hoping for the best. That Lickliter thing was a bit much though.

I think looking back the decision the staff made 2 or 3 years ago to take some schollies away from potential O-line recruits and use those to beef up the receiving corp was a HUGE mistake. When GD showed up, he noted the lack of speed on the outside, so they over-corrected and handed out WR schollies like candy and decided to go cheap on the o-line. Lets look at that surplus of WRs from the '13 class - AJ Jones (gone), Derrick Willies (gone for now), Damond Powell (a few snaps per game), Derrick Mitchell (burried on depth chart), Andre Harris (burried on depth chart). (oh, and the only WR to see significant playing time from that class was a grayshirt). Who knows if these WR's are either busts, OR are just products of a system that doesn't cater to talented WR's.

I know BF takes a lot of heat for the lack of line production, but look at what he's got to work with. They've got 3 good (1 outstanding of course) lineman, and that's it. Zero depth currently for this line.

The problems run deeper than this, however I just keep looking at that WR class and think we wasted potential O-line scholarships on this?

It is only a mistaken strategy because those recruits aren't being utilized.

Latest posts