Miller and Deace This AM.....Really?

I don't understand the notion of not caring about Michigan. They're a road game for us this year, and they'll be in our division for decades to come. Sounds pretty relevant to me.

To those of you arguing against Robinson, please read carefully. I feel like many of you are missing the points made in this thread:

1. Mike Greenberg said he's the only Heisman contender RIGHT NOW. It doesn't matter what happens later. If the season ended today, who would you pick?

2. 80% of the plays have gone to Robinson, but he's still doing things never seen. Saying, "I would expect anybody getting the ball 80% of the time to put up those numbers" is BS. While that's a lot of plays, nobody is disputing that, he's still a one man show. He had over 500 yards of offense. 500! That's a lot for a TEAM, let alone one player. I don't care that it was vs ND, they are a D1 team aren't they? To not be impressed by this is ridiculous

3. If his name were ARob, Stanzi, DJK, etc, the haters on this thread would be singing a different tune. The statements would be along the lines of, "sure he gets 80% of the plays, but he's still producing. He's a one man show and he's carrying the team by himself, that's why he deserves the Heisman." Just because he plays for Michigan, doesn't mean that the hype is overblown. This has never happened in CFB, EVER. That's why it is impressive. Can he keep it up? Who knows? Very doubtful. But that doesn't make the last 2 games less impressive

Funny...

...haven't heard anything from Cyclone fans wondering why we haven't talked about the game more...and as for me "dominating" the conversation with Jon we will correct that this week -- I promise.

Well consider this thread pretty well hijacked.

I won't discount what Robinson has done because it is definitely impressive. What I am disappointed about is based around the set up of the show today. What Robinson has done is definitely worth talking about and discussing. However, the drive time has to be the highest ratings the show gets during its' time slot each day (this is an assumption I am making, please correct me if I am wrong). Over 95% of that audience has to be Iowa or Iowa State fans and that would have been a great time to recap one of the many available storylines from the biggest game in the state. Instead, we got Deace dominating the conversation which gets tiresome in general, but it was even worse with it being him drooling over Michigan rather than both Jon and Steve talking about Iowa/Iowa State.

I concur. I, for one, am sick of Deace hijacking airtime to pimp his Wolverines.

Re: Funny...

...haven't heard anything from Cyclone fans wondering why we haven't talked about the game more...and as for me "dominating" the conversation with Jon we will correct that this week -- I promise.

I appreciate your insight....so do most fans of the show. Don't let a couple people ******** ruin it for everyone.

We talked about it for 30 straight minutes. Sorry were not in your car at that time . I talked about it for three hours Saturday night and wrote all about it yesterday.

What Denard Robinson is doing is unprecedented in college football history so we'll talk about it with no apologies.

Jon,
What has Robinson done that is unprecedented? I went back and was looking through the record books, and maybe I missed it, but what NCAA records as he broke? He broke a couple of Michigan team records, and had the longest run in Notre Dame stadium history, but I can't find any national records that were broken.

Deace was trying to make a big point that his total offense was more than all of the top 25 teams had as a unit, but that has been done numerous times. While his passing/running mix is great, David Klingler holds the single game record for total offense at 732 yards, and him, Andre Ware, Colt Brennan, etc. all put up more yards of total offense per game then the numbers Robinson has put up. Klinger also has the record for most yards of total offense for a 2 game stretch at 1310.

As far as running and passing combined, several QB's have had similar numbers to Robinsons performance on Saturday. The most recent being Pat White for W. Virginia against Pitt back in 06, with 220 rushing yards and 204 passing yards.

The record for most yards rushing by a QB is 308 yards set by Stacy Robinson of N. Illinois in 1990 against Fresno State.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has had a couple of incredible games, but to say that what he has done is unprecedented doesn't seem to be the case. Listening to Deace this morning you would think that he walked on water and parted the Red Sea. Lets not forget how many were appointing Tate Forcier the next saviour and proclaiming Michigan to be the Big Ten favorite after 2 games last year as well.

Well there was this thread on CF

Miller and Deace - CycloneFanatic

I understand both sides of the argument and there are only so many ways you can say the game was a beatdown.

As for the Robinson/Michigan stuff we'll see if they fold like a cheap tent like they did last year. Offense isn't a problem and wasn't last year either. Defense is still suspect and we'll see if they can win in the Big 10 playing like that.

Honestly, I don't. If Adam Robinson was getting 80% of the Hawks' offensive touches, he'd have as many or more yards than Robinson.

I understand he's a great athlete.....there's no denying that. But when a guy accounts for 119 of your 149 offensive plays in two games, there's going to be some crazy yardage there. But keep this in mind.....he has 6 total touchdowns on 119 offensive plays. Adam Robinson has 4 touchdowns on 38 offensive plays.

In addition, Michigan is NOT a conference title contender. Offense is for "show" and defense is for "dough". Name me the last Big 10 conference champ that was a sub Top 50 defense?

Purdue?

Quite apart from the obvious observation that folks have been made concerning how likely Denard will be able to handle all the hits that he'll take when he faces more physical D ... there's also a whole other issue.

What happens when Michigan actually faces teams that have talented run Ds ... particularly defenses that can stop or slow running games without stacking the box or relying upon "risky" defensive play-calling.

It's simply a matter of record that even the high powered Os that Rich Rod had at WVU still faltered EVERY TIME they faced off against an elite run D. I repeat ... EVERY TIME!

So what happens when you combine this fact with the FACT that Michigan's D is still VERY suspect?

Have fun with Mickey and the gang.....we'll hold down the fort in your absence. :D

Miller and Deace - CycloneFanatic
Right there on the front page Deacer.... they were wondering where the Cy-Hawk talk was as well....

You and Jon can go off on Michigan another time/week. There is only one week for ISU-Iowa.

edit comment --- didn't see the earlier post referencing the same thread I linked

Last edited:
This whole "80% of the snaps" stuff is ridiculous. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Do any of you realize why they have run Denard? It gives them an extra blocker. When you allow a RB to get to the second level and throw a block, especially for a guy like DR, that could be six. I fully expect this pace to taper off with Toussaint coming back next week. They have running backs capable but up to this point they haven't felt the need to use them. DR will not be running this much once conference play starts. The next two weeks I think his stat line will fall of dramatically when he is only playing a half at the most.

I appreciated the fact that you waited until 7 to talk in depth about the Iowa-ISU game as that's when my drive-time is. I don't think there was 3 hours of material on that game alone and I am a fan of college football in general. Therefore, I appreciate you talking about hot topics in NCAA football. D. Robinson is definitely a hot topic.

I agree, at least we didn't have to listen to him get his morning ****** mixed up with his right wing holier than though afternoon ******, which he does on at least 75% of his morning efforts. That, I will never understand, but then again, I don't have Jan Michelson and Rush Limbaugh in my spank bank.

What were they supposed to do? Talk about a game that was over in 15 minutes for an hour?? There really wasn't much you could talk about regarding the game Saturday. In addition to the fact that Robinson is doing things that have never been done, I don't see what the big deal is.

Exactly. What the hell are you supposed to say about the game? Only a self-flagellating masochist would want to talk about what happened on Saturday. A true emasculation. What is there to say really? Especially when Michigan, over-hyped or not, has the most exciting player that I watched from any game on Saturday. If you were only watching the Hawk beatdown, you missed it. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Also, if you're talking about how Robinson's stats don't matter because they played two weak defenses, does that also mean that the Hawk's stats don't matter after playing EIU and ISU??

I have about a 30 min drive to work and from 7:10 to 7:30 that is all they talked about...I almost got into an accident because I was laughing so hard when Deace said that Wisconsin played like "Vaginas" the last two years against us...I guess I was in my car at the right time and got to hear their take on the game. I love the show...The Aamco comercials are getting a little old though.

Latest posts