Miller and Deace This AM.....Really?

Honestly D Robinson winning the Heisman would be one of the bbest things that happened to that award in quite some time if it were to happen.

I say that because i don't expect UM to win more than 8 games and it seems as though the award has getten away from it's intent. It has gone to the MVP of the best teams not the best overall players.

a winner from an 8 win team would be tremendous for CFB and teh award. I doubt it would last into next year but it sure would be refreshing..

Remember Iowa has scored more than Michigan has in the first two games. But I guess scoreboard doesn't count anymore.
In this case, scoreboard indeed does not count. Although uConn and ND were overrated, they were certainly a significant step up from what Iowa has faced.

In this case, scoreboard indeed does not count. Although uConn and ND were overrated, they were certainly a significant step up from what Iowa has faced.

I can't say for sure that ISU wouldn't compete well with both of thiose teams. Not yet anyway.

... this year they will have 14 days to prepare for him.

I love having the bye before the Michigan game this year for this reason.

We have shut down scrambling QB's before and this point is why I think we will be successful again. He might break one or two, but won't run all over us all day.

If Denard Robinson is the only Heisman candidate because of the numbers he's put up in just two games, then we need to throw in Dante Warren's name. He put up 433 total yards against Minnesota. Given the fact that South Dakota is an FCS school, that's pretty impressive. Would anyone do that? No, because there have only been two weeks of college football played and Minnesota is terrible. We have no idea how good UConn and ND are without being at least half-way through the season. Let's wait and see.

Because the week before he was rather pedestrian. And its still against the Gophers, after all ;)

I'm impressed with Robinson. He reminds me of playing a video game. With a gameshark.

This is very wrong. The Heisman race starts about 2 weeks before the season starts. The only reason that a certain Iowa RB doesn't have a Heisman is because he didn't show up on the nations radar until about week 6. If the Heisman race really started mid season SG would have been on that podium.

This is very wrong. There are 3 reasons SG didnt win the heisman and they are: 1) Sam Bradford, 2) Colt McCoy and 3) Tim Tebow

Even If SG had been hyped there was no way he was ever beating out any of those guys

We've seen this type of athleticism before, and his name was Michael Vick. Except UM's offense is even more based around Robinson than what Vick had at VA Tech. Imagine what Vick could have done in a DickRod system!

Also, I work w/ a UM grad that's a huge football fan, and their fanbase recognizes this 80% thing may work against poor defenses, but come MSU, IA, UW, PSU, and OSU (w/o knowing UM's schedule), Robinson is very likely going to get hit, and get hit very, very hard. (And most importantly, MSU plays UM the wk before IA, and I think we all recall how hard hitting IA-MSU was last yr.)

To those critical of the choice, and duration of the topics; while Iowa-ISU was the most talked about game of the day, I understand that for some we could have done both hours on it.

The fact that you are disappointed means you like the show and tune in regularly, and that has been the most rewarding part of the program. Thanks for listening.

We are very impatient society these days.......We go from one extreme to the complete opposite in a blink of an eye..... Can we wait a few more games before we start annoiting D. Robinson with Heisman status. Can we wait and see if he actually can hold up, first.

As for the Iowa game, my goodess Michigan runs a lot of plays and eat up a lot of clock. Iowa may get 6 possessions in the ballgame, maybe 8 if they get a turnover or 2. That means 1/2 to 2/3 of the possessions are going to have to count. Mossbrucker/Murray can't be missing FG(s), Stanzi can't be throwing pick 6(s)

As for the Iowa game, my goodess Michigan runs a lot of plays and eat up a lot of clock. Iowa may get 6 possessions in the ballgame, maybe 8 if they get a turnover or 2. That means 1/2 to 2/3 of the possessions are going to have to count. Mossbrucker/Murray can't be missing FG(s), Stanzi can't be throwing pick 6(s)

But teams like iowa, wisconsin, michigan state and ohio state are going to eat a lot of clock too, and Michigan' defense is still very suspect. Over 500 yards allowed vs retooling ND and they played three QB, had 3 turnovers and missed 2 FG...while I am high on Robinson, I am not as high on Michigan

I am glad we will have two weeks to prepare for Robinson.

Not to mention we'll be coming off a huge homecoming win against Penn State. ha.

Robinson is not a legit Heisman candidate because his team is going to be very mediocre this year.

Of course, he plays for Michigan so that is worth a 10% bump in Heisman votes before the ball is even snapped.

I'm not saying you have to buy DRob as a serious Heisman candidate (as I do), nor do you have to buy scUM as a B10 title contender (as I do), but you must see why this is a big deal.

I'm not saying you have to buy DRob as a serious Heisman candidate (as I do), nor do you have to buy scUM as a B10 title contender (as I do), but you must see why this is a big deal.

Honestly, I don't. If Adam Robinson was getting 80% of the Hawks' offensive touches, he'd have as many or more yards than Robinson.

I understand he's a great athlete.....there's no denying that. But when a guy accounts for 119 of your 149 offensive plays in two games, there's going to be some crazy yardage there. But keep this in mind.....he has 6 total touchdowns on 119 offensive plays. Adam Robinson has 4 touchdowns on 38 offensive plays.

In addition, Michigan is NOT a conference title contender. Offense is for "show" and defense is for "dough". Name me the last Big 10 conference champ that was a sub Top 50 defense?

Last edited:
Here's the problem with Drob: What he is doing right now is amazing....but there is NO WAY, let me repeat, NO WAY, he stays healthy for a full 12 games if he continues to get used the way he currently is....and there isn't a backup QB on that roster that is in his league. Devin Gardner might get there eventually, but he isn't there now.

DRob is taking over 40 hits a game.....let me say that one more time....he is taking ove4 40 hits per game. Its hard enough to keep a player healthy when they take 25-30 hits per game.....a guy taking 40 hits per game is going to break down.

He hasn't got hit by guys like Greg Jones, Adrian Clayborn, or Cameron Heyward yet....but once he starts to take hits like that on a weekly basis, it is going to take its toll. If I were RichRod, I'd sit DRob for the next two games and let his body recover a little bit...UM should be able to beat their next two opponents really easily without DRob.

Also, what he is doing is no doubt amazing, but lets not forget that he hasn't played a defense yet that would be top 5 in the Big Ten (UConn does not have a better D than Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State or probably Wisconsin), so until I see him do this against what I would call a "real defense", don't color me too impressed yet. Remember how great Tate Forcier looked last year before he got to Big Ten play? Then what happened?

RichRods offense is designed to destroy defenses that are physically outmanned at the LOS (DL & LB's).....I'll be very interested to see what happens when that team plays against MSU the week before the Iowa game.

One thing is for sure IMO, if Iowa and UM are undefeated when the play, that game will almost certainly be the primetime gameday game that week. Looking forward to it. If we get through Arizona unscathed the only games that really worry me are UM and OSU.

Also keep in mind Uconn's defensive effort was somewhat skewed due to that fact that they would have had a really tough time preparing for the offense they saw on the opening day.

Well consider this thread pretty well hijacked.

I won't discount what Robinson has done because it is definitely impressive. What I am disappointed about is based around the set up of the show today. What Robinson has done is definitely worth talking about and discussing. However, the drive time has to be the highest ratings the show gets during its' time slot each day (this is an assumption I am making, please correct me if I am wrong). Over 95% of that audience has to be Iowa or Iowa State fans and that would have been a great time to recap one of the many available storylines from the biggest game in the state. Instead, we got Deace dominating the conversation which gets tiresome in general, but it was even worse with it being him drooling over Michigan rather than both Jon and Steve talking about Iowa/Iowa State.

Latest posts