Mike & Mike have Pearl on

Iowa won't be mentioned.

Other than on this message board (and other Hawkeye boards), has there been any national 'Pearl to Iowa' sentiment? I went to the Tennessee Scout board the other day and went through 3-4 pages of threads...nothing mentioning Iowa or Pearl leaving.

I'm just curious if the whole Bruce Pearl phenomenon is entirely home grown because he used to coach here once upon a time and he turned us down last time.

Other than on this message board (and other Hawkeye boards), has there been any national 'Pearl to Iowa' sentiment? I went to the Tennessee Scout board the other day and went through 3-4 pages of threads...nothing mentioning Iowa or Pearl leaving.

I'm just curious if the whole Bruce Pearl phenomenon is entirely home grown because he used to coach here once upon a time and he turned us down last time.

This.

This is a pipe dream for Iowa fans...

I heard it this morning on BTN. I have a couple Giant Schnauzers that say its time for our walk. Anyone watching this program be sure to post. I am taping it while I am gone.

I've seen threads about it on Tennessee boards. Obviously, they think it's impossible that he'd leave.

I've seen threads about it on Tennessee boards. Obviously, they think it's impossible that he'd leave.

just read a post on volnation that said Pearl would be more likely to take the Oregon job than the Iowa job. NO one thinks that Iowa will pony up the $$$ to get Pearl.

Really? Were they recent threads? Or maybe it was a different board than the Scout board...I swear it was Monday or just yesterday that there was nothing out there to speak of.

So, um, I'm assuming Iowa wasn't mentioned? I wasn't expecting it to be brought up (but another radio host asked him yesterday, so it's possible), but y'all can't just leave us hanging without at least a "nothing was said" or something . . .

Sorry guys,I taped the show while I was gone. No Pearl,just Huggins and J.Thompson Jr. I know thats what Mike said. Oh well.

Sorry guys,I taped the show while I was gone. No Pearl,just Huggins and J.Thompson Jr. I know thats what Mike said. Oh well.

Most likely Pearl was still on the phone with Barta spelling out his requirements to come to Iowa and missed calling in.:p

Here is the volnation link to Pearl to Iowa. It's pretty much 35 pages of tools arguing with each other, stating that Iowa doesn't have the money, Pearl is just using us for a raise, etc. Pretty much our message boards when Ferentz is mentioned for a job.

Pearl to Iowa?? - VolNation

Pretty funny reading their discussion re: Oregon Job. They just assume that Nike throws copious amounts of money at their head coaches.

Most likely Pearl was still on the phone with Barta spelling out his requirements to come to Iowa and missed calling in.:p

Actually, I think he was on the phone with an Iowa City real estate agent asking if anything is available with a down payment under $3.5 million :).

Thanks for the update, hawkytalk. I assumed there wouldn't be anything of note, but you never know.

This was posted on VolNation regarding an interview with Pearl.....
Pearl said to Doug Gottlieb of ESPN when asked about Iowa that he was "staying at Tennessee as long as they will have me."

Here is the volnation link to Pearl to Iowa. It's pretty much 35 pages of tools arguing with each other, stating that Iowa doesn't have the money, Pearl is just using us for a raise, etc. Pretty much our message boards when Ferentz is mentioned for a job.

Pearl to Iowa?? - VolNation

Pretty funny reading their discussion re: Oregon Job. They just assume that Nike throws copious amounts of money at their head coaches.

Difference is that any of us who know anything about KF understand that he'd 1) never leave Iowa for another college job; and 2) he may go to the NFL, but it would have to be one hell of a gig and not some rebuilding project.

This was posted on VolNation regarding an interview with Pearl.....
Pearl said to Doug Gottlieb of ESPN when asked about Iowa that he was "staying at Tennessee as long as they will have me."

That's funny, but unless I missed it at the very beginning, I came away disappointed that Pearl to Iowa never came up.

That's funny, but unless I missed it at the very beginning, I came away disappointed that Pearl to Iowa never came up.

It might not have been from this morning. I just found it on VolNation. I know Pearl has been on a couple of time since the NCAA selection show.

Latest posts