Mike Gesell

Creighton is an ideal fit and level of competition for Gessell. He just seems like more of the same midling level talent, in terms of the Big Ten, that the Hawks have had in recent years. Those kind of guys aren't going to get this thing jump-started and competing again with the better programs in the conference.

Iowa State isn't going after Gessell, don't think he is that good. I hear McDermott at Creighton isn't that high on him either. And maybe Kansas does offer him and plays him like they play Morningstar.

Staten only decommitted once. There were rumors the first time but that's all they were. ISU still really likes him even though the kid is a bit of an idiot
McDermott was at his game last week. I heard Creighton is very high on him.

Staten only decommitted once. There were rumors the first time but that's all they were. ISU still really likes him even though the kid is a bit of an idiot

OK, this ESPN article says twice.

Wesley Staten 2012 Basketball Recruiting Profile - ESPN

Notes

Travel Team: Kingdom Hoops...Committed to Iowa State before the start of his freshman season (2008-09)...Decommitted from Iowa State prior to his sophomore season...Recommitted to Iowa State in Oct. 09 but commitment is "soft"...Decommitted again from Iowa State in May 2010...

OK, this ESPN article says twice.

Wesley Staten 2012 Basketball Recruiting Profile - ESPN

Notes

Travel Team: Kingdom Hoops...Committed to Iowa State before the start of his freshman season (2008-09)...Decommitted from Iowa State prior to his sophomore season...Recommitted to Iowa State in Oct. 09 but commitment is "soft"...Decommitted again from Iowa State in May 2010...

Maybe he did. I remember it twice but I thought his mom came out and squashed the first time he decommitted. But I guess that can be counted.

Big talent, big headache. Probably worth it for both in state schools

I can tell you right now that one of my best friends knows him personally and he has told me Gesell is holding out for Kansas scholarship but Nebraska - yeah I know - is his favorite right now. Nebraska has been recruiting him and first to give him a scholarship since 8th grade. Plus it's his "home team". I asked my bud (an Iowa fan) if Hawks have a chance and he said, "He's not going to Iowa". He wants to play in the Big 12, so Iowa State may still be in picture but he really wants to play for Kansas from the sounds of it and then if that doesn't happen, Nebraska. I don't even know if Fran is even recruiting him anymore.

When he plays for the Shuckers they wont be in the Big 12 and the Cyclones arent even recruiting him. Nice try.

Do you just go around throwing mud on the wall to see it sticks? Reminds me of your twitter account you had linked at one time its the same thing on there to. Just talk a bunch of talk to see who thinks its the truth. WHy?

Gessell is a 4-star recruit on some board and a Top 150 player on other boards, that holds some weight to how he has proven in AAU he can play. If he goes to Creighton, he doesn't have to change positions, if he goes to a Power Six conference, I think he has to become a PG. There aren't a lot of smaller SG's in Gessell's mold unless they are supremely athletic, I don't know how athletic this kid is. Gessell would be a redshirt kid to me in a Power Six conference, but he has obviously proven something to be rated where he is, he sounds like he knows how to score, those types of players can be a rare find.

Gessell is a 4-star recruit on some board and a Top 150 player on other boards, that holds some weight to how he has proven in AAU he can play. If he goes to Creighton, he doesn't have to change positions, if he goes to a Power Six conference, I think he has to become a PG. There aren't a lot of smaller SG's in Gessell's mold unless they are supremely athletic, I don't know how athletic this kid is. Gessell would be a redshirt kid to me in a Power Six conference, but he has obviously proven something to be rated where he is, he sounds like he knows how to score, those types of players can be a rare find.

For Gessell to be successful in college, he will need a guard that can penetrate and get to the lane. Diante Garrett has been playing great this year and Scotty Christopherson is benefiting because of it.

Latest posts