Mike Gassel's shot hit the rim, and towel cheating.

ClintonIAfan

Mike Gasell's shot hit the rim, and towel cheating.

On it's way down I noticed that the ball did touch thr rim! The direction of the ball was even slightly altered. I can't believe that this was not even reviewed. Iowa got the rebound too. Iowa would have had possession and the lead.

Second thing I noticed after that play. The clowns were out of timeouts. Nange took the a towel and spent upwards of 15 extra second wiping down a section of floor that had already been wiped. This is downright cheating to give the clowns an extra timeout to call a play. The refs should have not allowed this. Home town ref garbage game!

Last edited:
Re: Mike Gasell's shot hit the rim, and towel cheating.

Yes, they the ones that called a shot clock violation that was not, and allowed the towel time out cheat.

Last edited:

I do apologize for coming across a bit harsh. I am very frustrated about the end of the game. So I had to review these aspects.

Last edited:
When I watched it live, I thought the ball touched the rim and when they said it didn't I expected a review. It very well may not have, but I wouldn't mind seeing a replay in that moment.

This didn't cost the game, but Niang faked injury just before the end of the game, since they were out of time outs.

I did not see the fake injury. I will watch the sequence again. Did he lay down some extra time, then have the floor wiped twice? I understand that he stinks a lot, but that would have meant that he had to leave the game since the clowns had no timeouts. More than 1 thing stunk about that sequence.

Last edited:
The Hawks lost this one. Couldn't make a basket in the second half to save their lives. It sucks but #whatchagunnado?

3 turnovers in the last minute is bush league bb. This is all on Iowa. Flat out ****** it down their legs.

On it's way down I noticed that the ball did touch thr rim! The direction of the ball was even slightly altered. I can't believe that this was not even reviewed. Iowa got the rebound too. Iowa would have had possession and the lead.

Second thing I noticed after that play. The clowns were out of timeouts. Nange took the a towel and spent upwards of 15 extra second wiping down a section of floor that had already been wiped. This is downright cheating to give the clowns an extra timeout to call a play. The refs should have not allowed this. Home town ref garbage game!

Thought it hit the rim as well and couldn't believe they didn't review it. Thought the five seconds call on Uthoff was more like four seconds. Truly believe those things but then I'm a sore loser for the first 24 hours after a Hawk loss.

We should have put them away and didn't, period.

One of the rule changes this year is that if a player is dribbling the ball there is no 5 second count started. Too many times I saw referees doing just that last night. However to be fair, I've seen it in most of the college games I've watched this year.

While we are on the topic of officiating. In the first half one of the clown center's tip ins was goal tending. The ball was clearly still in the cylinder. That is 2 points fewer that the clowns should have had for the game.

Yeah the towel thing was funny. Big time concern from c cup over the perspiration on the court. He really wanted that done right so he took care of it himself, meticulously getting every last drop. I can only imagine the boos from the Hilton heads of that was a hawkeye turned custodian sweat wiper of the year out there for three minutes with one possession remaining wiping the floor before we got the ball. Boooooooooo say the clowns.

While we are on the topic of officiating. In the first half one of the clown center's tip ins was goal tending. The ball was clearly still in the cylinder. That is 2 points fewer that the clowns should have had for the game.

To play devils advocate the number of layups and two footers ISU missed in the first half more than made up for the two point gift.

Anyone see monte Morris try to elbow gessel? Happened after a play was stopped. He didn't connect but it was pretty ridiculous. Nothing came of it because it was on their court but it was bush league for sure. Geseel
just gave him a look like whats that for. If the shoe was on the other foot the cum dumpster would have been up in arms. They won't ever admit it but typical poor sportsmanship from them.

I do apologize for coming across a bit harsh. I am very frustrated about the end of the game. So I had to review these aspects.

Don't give up a double digit lead. That's the point. Iowa should have never been in that position where those calls would have come into play. It's like people ******** about losing to NW State in the NCAA years ago on a last second shot. Iowa should not have let it come down to that where they could lose to a lesser team on a last second shot.

Latest posts