Mike Daniel's Fight for Iowa Vid

They need to play that on the big video board just before the game! That'd get the crowd wound tight!

Every time I see these Hawk videos I just think back how terrible the marketing department at Iowa was just a few years ago. I am amazed that they have righted that ship and put out such high quality videos all the time now. They do such a great job now. I also like their decision to go with the "Fight for Iowa" theme. It really galvanizes the marketing into one recognizable theme. Plus it isn't some corny theme like those idiots in Ames come up with every couple years to play to their little brother mentality. Things like All In or Raise the Standard are just corny and stupid.

Last edited:
I don't know. I'm guessing I'm in the minority, but I thought it was cheesy. I am however, very excited for the upcoming season. This video just didn't increase that excitement. The photos released from camp did, though.

Every time I see these Hawk videos I just think back how terrible the marketing department at Iowa was just a few years ago. I am amazed that they have righted that ship and put out such high quality videos all the time now. They do such a great job now. I also like their decision to go with the "Fight for Iowa" theme. It really galvanizes the marketing into one recognizable theme. Plus it isn't some corny theme like those idiots in Ames come up with every couple years to play to their little brother mentality. Things like All In or Raise the Standard are just corny and stupid.
I like the theme too. It's short, catchy, part of the fight song. Fits like a glove to me. I also agree on the videos now a days. I've loved most all of them the last few yrs. The only thing better would be more of them..
I wonder what Iowa's record would be if Daniels gave every pregame speech. Dude is so awesome. He's as credible as it gets and just the most passionate guy you could ever listen to. Makes me want to put a helmet on

I don't know. I'm guessing I'm in the minority, but I thought it was cheesy. I am however, very excited for the upcoming season. This video just didn't increase that excitement. The photos released from camp did, though.

I've thought A LOT of these have been kinda cheesy - this one I enjoyed.

Watched again and nope....still cheesy. That's no shade towards Daniels or the dude that created it. Usually I like all of them. I think it was the increased inflection on certain words or phrases in the dialogue. Plus the music wasn't dramatic enough for me. Really doesn't matter what I think anyway. ;)It's almost football season and that alone is enough for us all to be excited.

I enjoyed the video thanks for posting it. I'm anxious to see how the offense is going to look. If one of our QB's can surprise then this team could be scary good.