Mike Daniels continuously held?

homerHAWKeye777

Did the refs just decided that they wanted to quit calling it? How often was Mike trying to get a guys hand off his jersey from behind?

All our guys were being held for pretty much the entire game. It got called all of once. Still, that doesn't excuse the LBs and secondary for their own miscues. Or the offense for the last two weeks of poor play when we needed yards and points most.

All our guys were being held for pretty much the entire game. It got called all of once. Still, that doesn't excuse the LBs and secondary for their own miscues. Or the offense for the last two weeks of poor play when we needed yards and points most.

right there- i counted at least 5 blatant holding calls that were never called, maybe i'm a homer but i think that's a pretty conservative count as well.

There was a hold on AC on NW's 1st or 2nd drive that absolutely atrocious...and of course wasn't called. There was also a late hit out of bounds on A-Rob that wasn't called (after a long run by A-Rob, nonetheless). Definitely spotty officiating today re trench play, though.

What I can't understand is the refs know Iowa has a good Dline yet there are blown holding calls one after the other.

I have said it on other posts. Why is KF not more vocal about this? I don't like seeing Bielma and other coaches act the way they do, but Ferentz needs to do something more to advocate for his line.

The officiating was wretched today. On that final drive where Stanzi got sacked, the DE was clearly off-sides and he's the one that got the sack..weird. I also don't know if I've ever seen so many missed holding calls. That one on the 1st or 2nd drive, Clayborn was clearly held. But it shouldn't have had to of come down to officiating. We were clearly out-coached today and just plain didn't execute.

were *****.kats holding on D, too? 'cause our O looked pretty bad

I don't know how they missed the offsides call at the end of the game. His hand was lined up over the blue "line of scrimmage" line, and his helmet AT LEAST a yard across the LOS. Yet none of the officials caught it? I can remember two of the most blatant holds I have ever seen in my life, both on Clayborn, and neither were called. One time the NW lineman had his right arm wrapped around Adrian's belly and the other grabbing a hold of his jersey. The officiating is NOT the reason we lost this game, but this was a very poorly officiated game.

The officiating was wretched today. On that final drive where Stanzi got sacked, the DE was clearly off-sides and he's the one that got the sack..weird. I also don't know if I've ever seen so many missed holding calls. That one on the 1st or 2nd drive, Clayborn was clearly held. But it shouldn't have had to of come down to officiating. We were clearly out-coached today and just plain didn't execute.

As is the norm for Hawkeye fans, it is not the teams fault they LOST it is someone else!!! Today it is the refs.

GO DUCKS!!!

As is the norm for Hawkeye fans, it is not the teams fault they LOST it is someone else!!! Today it is the refs.

GO DUCKS!!!
Where did anyone say the refs lost the game for Iowa?
Please point it out. Thanks.

Observing and complaining about bad calls doesn't mean someone thinks it cost the game.

Where did anyone say the refs lost the game for Iowa?
Please point it out. Thanks.

Observing and complaining about bad calls doesn't mean someone thinks it cost the game.

You have to excuse him... He is a Duck's fan. Haven't met a smart one yet. It is the same as talking back to a mentally handicapped person, probably a little worse.

GO DUCKS!!!

Funny, I was under the impression that most other CFB fans find Hawk fans annoying because we always "lose" the game rather than the other team "winning" it.

Latest posts