Mike Daniels at the combine

Pound for Pound? I will take either of the Brands brothers in the early 90's! Those boys were BAD!

I was at a party in Iowa City when Bortz was playing at Iowa. He was standing on a porch, pretty drunk, and the dude was 6'6'' and his head was almost hitting the light at the top of the porch. There were moths circling the light and he was grabbing them and eating them.

I thought to myself...I want that guy to play for my team. If not, he had a future as an exterminator.

Awesome

All tough in a bar fight, but Royce Alger, circa any time in the 80's, would be my choice in a any fight. He'll, probably would still be.

I stuck two fingers in his face back in 87 and said "two bucks". (charging at the door to get into a kegger). His brothers were with him. He came unglued on me and explained to me how rude it was that I stick two fingers in someones face and say "two bucks dude" without begin cordial about it. I had no idea who he was but quickly found out that he and his brothers would have made mince meat out of me. Thankfully for me He showed mercy.

I went to college with Royce's younger brother Rad, who wrestled at Northwest Missouri State, and he was big and could be mean. Wrestler's are from a different social mold IMO, and Rad and Tom Kaufman from Traer, Iowa did some crazy stuff. I would want those guys on my team if we were in a scuffle.

I went to college with Royce's younger brother Rad, who wrestled at Northwest Missouri State, and he was big and could be mean. Wrestler's are from a different social mold IMO, and Rad and Tom Kaufman from Traer, Iowa did some crazy stuff. I would want those guys on my team if we were in a scuffle.

Rad was there in this instance. I am very lucky that they showed mercy. I did however apologize profusely and they accepted.

I am still laughing at the memory that once upon a time, there really was a tall German red-headed human named "Uwe Blab" (pronounced 'oovay blop'). Excellent handle.

I am still laughing at the memory that once upon a time, there really was a tall German red-headed human named "Uwe Blab" (pronounced 'oovay blop'). Excellent handle.

Uwe Blab played for indiana and then spent around 7-8 years in the NBA playing for GOlden state and the Mavericks. he is now a software develper and recently his Son Christopher was killed in a tragic accident while hiking in Europe.

Latest posts