Mike Daniels at the combine

Keep looking on NFL.com for his 40 and BP numbers...thought they would have been posted by now. Did they ever show him on camera? If he was I missed it.

All tough in a bar fight, but Royce Alger, circa any time in the 80's, would be my choice in a any fight. He'll, probably would still be.

You realize the night the basketball team took on the wrestling team and won, alger got his **** handed to him by Eddie Horton right?

All tough in a bar fight, but Royce Alger, circa any time in the 80's, would be my choice in a any fight. He'll, probably would still be.

You realize the night the basketball team took on the wrestling team and won, alger got his **** handed to him by Eddie Horton right?

It looks like Mike Daniels is not participating in any drills. Not sure of the reason

Last edited:
Some people have a way with words. Other people... not have way.

As for Eddie Horton, I've seen him fight. Scary is the right word.

Love that Steve Martin line, Billso! Used it many times myself.
My money in a bar fight is on Nate Kaeding.........he would kick the you know what out of people!

Mark Bortz. D-Line, 1979-82.

Dan Hampton of da Bears said back in the day that Mark Bortz was the guy he wanted at his side during an alley fight. Good enough for me.

I was at a party in Iowa City when Bortz was playing at Iowa. He was standing on a porch, pretty drunk, and the dude was 6'6'' and his head was almost hitting the light at the top of the porch. There were moths circling the light and he was grabbing them and eating them.

I thought to myself...I want that guy to play for my team. If not, he had a future as an exterminator.

He's still got a bar in West Liberty. It's called... wait for it... Hawksaw Jacks. They still use "Doll's" cocktail napkins.

Does he still smell? He used to go straight from his workouts to the Fieldhouse without showering.

Latest posts