Midwest Region

BigD

Matchups seem favorable with a possible Kansas Matchup.

However the thinking on the location sucks. You win the conference tournament and they put you in the Midwest region BUT they send you clear out to New York??? WTF???

Meanwhile the clowns are playing in Milwaukee???

However the thinking on the location sucks. You win the conference tournament and they put you in the Midwest region BUT they send you clear out to New York??? WTF???

My thinking as well.

where even if they beat LSU have zero shot at knocking off Wisconsin.

Another thing, we were a five seed in a conference that is taking nine teams to the NCAA tournament. We win the conference tournament and we get a five seed and have to play in New York City. To play further East we would have to play under water.

The very least we should have gotten was a four seed and possible outside consideration for a third seed.

I am calling BS on this one.

Another thing, we were a five seed in a conference that is taking nine teams to the NCAA tournament. We win the conference tournament and we get a five seed and have to play in New York City. To play further East we would have to play under water.

The very least we should have gotten was a four seed and possible outside consideration for a third seed.

Conf miserably underachieving last year probably had some to do with this.

Yeah. Some CBS guy repeatedly said the BT had lots of teams in the Dance and now they have to produce (smirk)
Fucker.
Yep, the guys in the Big Ten channel talked about some of these guys who are crying about nine teams from the Big Ten getting in.

The Big Ten Channel announcers weren’t happy the flack the Big Ten was getting. They pointed out the conference had earned that many births from their over all out of conference record and success. They also rightly pointed out that each year is different. That the selections should be made based on each years performance.

Finally they made this point on the Big Ten Channel; our conference needs to go out a win and shut all detractors up. I agree with that.

I’ve also been channel jumping to different sports channels and a couple of people are picking Iowa to make it to the final four. Hopefully they didn’t just jinx us.

Conf miserably underachieving last year probably had some to do with this.
Yep, last year didn’t help things much. This year it’s time to change that. I actually believe the over-all conference is much stronger than last year’s conference.

I believe we are playing in Buffalo.

Yep, the guys in the Big Ten channel talked about some of these guys who are crying about nine teams from the Big Ten getting in.

The Big Ten Channel announcers weren’t happy the flack the Big Ten was getting. They pointed out the conference had earned that many births from their over all out of conference record and success. They also rightly pointed out that each year is different. That the selections should be made based on each years performance.

Finally they made this point on the Big Ten Channel; our conference needs to go out a win and shut all detractors up. I agree with that.

I’ve also been channel jumping to different sports channels and a couple of people are picking Iowa to make it to the final four. Hopefully they didn’t just jinx us.
Rutgers, Michigan, Indiana, Michigan St.......I suspect their opponents are going to have a tough time with them.

Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois, and Iowa.....need to flex their muscles.

Not sure how I feel about Ohio St.

I agree we have to shut them up and get it done.

The committee is pretty upfront that site preferences really only extend to the Top 4 seeds. After that, the committee seeds pretty much in order. Give them a break, can you imagine the fucking Rubix Cube these fellas have to endure to jigsaw 68 teams with that many variables?

Truth is that while arguments could be made that Iowa should have been a 4 (ask Vitale), we were not very good the first half of the year and had to go on a historical run to rise from a bubble team to a near 4 seed. I am not going to bitch too much about what hotel our kids sleep in. Plus, maybe JT has a couple games the way Perkins did in Indy. Home cooking.

where even if they beat LSU have zero shot at knocking off Wisconsin.

Is Davis 100%? I mean Wisconsin did just lose to Nebraska.

That said LSU is a very bad matchup for ISU, as a fan you have to hope two of their coaches getting fired has to hurt them.

Nebraska, Minnesota, PSU NU want to talk with you :)

Is Davis 100%? I mean Wisconsin did just lose to Nebraska.

That said LSU is a very bad matchup for ISU, as a fan you have to hope two of their coaches getting fired has to hurt them.

They were playing really well at the end of the season, I'm glad Iowa didn't have to face them in the BTT.

They were playing really well at the end of the season, I'm glad Iowa didn't have to face them in the BTT.

You didn't have to face them because they lost to a terrible NW team. They pulled off a couple of upset wins. That happens every year.

The committee is pretty upfront that site preferences really only extend to the Top 4 seeds. After that, the committee seeds pretty much in order. Give them a break, can you imagine the fucking Rubix Cube these fellas have to endure to jigsaw 68 teams with that many variables?

Truth is that while arguments could be made that Iowa should have been a 4 (ask Vitale), we were not very good the first half of the year and had to go on a historical run to rise from a bubble team to a near 4 seed. I am not going to bitch too much about what hotel our kids sleep in. Plus, maybe JT has a couple games the way Perkins did in Indy. Home cooking.

Yea, it doesn't bother me where they play so much. Better than going to the west coast with a two hour difference. Great point about JT playing in his back yard.

My thought if is you have a team that is so fragile that playing in a different area capsizes your boat, than it wasn't meant to begin with.

You didn't have to face them because they lost to a terrible NW team. They pulled off a couple of upset wins. That happens every year.

Bryce McGowens is probably going to end up in the NBA, they do have some talent on that team. Sure upsets can happen but you don't often see the worst team in the conference knock off the top team in the conference on the road. They also knocked off PSU and Ohio State all on the road before that game.

That said if you doubt how good Wisconsin is, go for it, many other teams have this year as well.

Latest posts