Midwest Region

Bryce McGowens is probably going to end up in the NBA, they do have some talent on that team. Sure upsets can happen but you don't often see the worst team in the conference knock off the top team in the conference on the road. They also knocked off PSU and Ohio State all on the road before that game.

That said if you doubt how good Wisconsin is, go for it, many other teams have this year as well.

I've been touting Wisconsin all year as underrated, on this board no less.

To simply say ISU or any team in the tournament has no shot against them, when they just lost at home to Nebraska, I think is absurd. That's all.

I've been touting Wisconsin all year as underrated, on this board no less.

To simply say ISU or any team in the tournament has no shot against them, when they just lost at home to Nebraska, I think is absurd. That's all.

Not in Milwaukee, put them in Hilton and you guys could beat them.

They were playing really well at the end of the season, I'm glad Iowa didn't have to face them in the BTT.
We're playing even better. We would have throttled Wisconsin. That early January loss in Madison (where Tony P put up a zero) might as well have been eons ago. Our depth would have done the same thing to them that it did to Rutgers and Indiana.

Unless you were talking about Nebraska. Yeah, no thanks. Hoiberg figured something out at the end of the year. We would have beat them but would have to have worked harder for it.

Getting the glorified scrimmage with Northwestern vs the track meet Nebraska would have given us was the first break we got in this tournament.

Last edited:
We're playing even better. We would have throttled Wisconsin. That early January loss in Madison (where Tony P put up a zero) might as well have been eons ago. Our depth would have done the same thing to them that it did to Rutgers and Indiana.

Unless you were talking about Nebraska. Yeah, no thanks. Hoiberg figured something out at the end of the year. We would have beat them but would have to have worked harder for it.

Getting the glorified scrimmage with Northwestern vs the track meet Nebraska would have given us was the first break we got in this tournament.

I wasn't scared of Wisconsin either but I still don't think the Clowns have a chance against them in Milwaukee.

You are right, only having to play the starters 20 minutes in that Northwestern game was HUGE.

Iowa’s “scrimmage” against NWestern and Fran deciding to play 12 against Purdue were big factors in Iowa staying fresh for 4 days.

incredible coaching by Fran and lots of guts from the Iowa players.

Latest posts