Midlands

pin2win

@hagertony
Midlands roster:

Clark, Gilman, Ramos, Dziewa, Kelly, Grothus, DSJ, Moore, Gillmor, Evans, Lofthouse, Brooks, Meyer, Telford

Unattached: Brandon Sorensen and Nathan Burak.

I do think this means Burak is getting the redshirt...unless he does really well this weekend. With that said I hope Brooks ate like an animal over Christmas. 125 and 133 look like great brackets and great opportunities to see how Clark and Gilman stack up against the best.

So disappointed in the Burak redshirt if true. Appears to be a white flag on the team title. He doesn't need the redshirt; he's basically already had one. It's not like he was sitting on his *** after HS, he was at the OTC.

So disappointed in the Burak redshirt if true. Appears to be a white flag on the team title. He doesn't need the redshirt; he's basically already had one. It's not like he was sitting on his *** after HS, he was at the OTC.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. We stood no shot at a team title even WITH a healthy Burak. For as well as he came on last year, I can't wait to see him after a redshirt year to refine his skills.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. We stood no shot at a team title even WITH a healthy Burak. For as well as he came on last year, I can't wait to see him after a redshirt year to refine his skills.

This. The team title was a long shot to begin with. Ramos and St. John are legitimate title contenders and Telford could place well, but I haven't seen much to suggest that any other wrestlers are going to contend for titles. I mean, Lofthouse is #2 but if he really is the second best, then Ruth is lightyears ahead of everyone.

This. The team title was a long shot to begin with. Ramos and St. John are legitimate title contenders and Telford could place well, but I haven't seen much to suggest that any other wrestlers are going to contend for titles. I mean, Lofthouse is #2 but if he really is the second best, then Ruth is lightyears ahead of everyone.

Well, he's majored both of his title match opponents, so this is nothing new.

I still think we can win if we have Clark and Burak. I think the dual score is clouding people's judgement a little bit. It was a bad night sure, but there are a couple of match ups that I think we can flip (particularly 125 and 197), and if we did that we would have win. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, sure but I feel that we are better than what we showed last saturday.

Well, he's majored both of his title match opponents, so this is nothing new.

I still think we can win if we have Clark and Burak. I think the dual score is clouding people's judgement a little bit. It was a bad night sure, but there are a couple of match ups that I think we can flip (particularly 125 and 197), and if we did that we would have win. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, sure but I feel that we are better than what we showed last saturday.

Thing is, I don't know that we are...that's the scary part for me. I have seen nothing this year to suggest that we are anything better than a #10-#5 ranked team. We'd be amazing if we were wrestling a JUCO or D III schedule, but for the only "competition" we've faced outside PSU (ISU and Edinboro) we've sorely under achieved. We're still haunted by the same shortcomings that we have been for the last few years, and there seems to be no improvement in those certain areas.

In my opinion, and this is no disrespect to lighthouse, yes, Ruth and for that matter D Taylor ARE that much better than everyone else. Barring injury, they are future Olympians and they both have the skillsets to be medalists. This is exactly what most future Olympic wrestlers do to their opponents while in college. In both of these weight classes, the race is for second, not first.

In my opinion, and this is no disrespect to lighthouse, yes, Ruth and for that matter D Taylor ARE that much better than everyone else. Barring injury, they are future Olympians and they both have the skillsets to be medalists. This is exactly what most future Olympic wrestlers do to their opponents while in college. In both of these weight classes, the race is for second, not first.

Clark loses to Garnett (Va Tech) in the 125 semi final. Gillman beats #1 Ranked Delgado from Illinois to reach the 125 final.

Credit to Pin's Twitter for this information.

Another note. 14 of the 16 wrestlers that Iowa took to the Midlands will place in the Top 8. Sorenson at 149 upset the #3 seed this morning to earn a place on the podium.

Should be an excellent match between Ramos and Colon (UNI) in Finals. Colon beat Graff and Schopp to reach the finals.

Huge win for Gilman. Can't be upset about Clark's loss. Garnett has old man strength. Ramos won't get a shot at Schopp, but we'll see him and Colon which should be a good one too.

Latest posts