Midlands Preview

fwiw this preview was cut and pasted from the NU wrestling web page and is a little dated...doubtful Erekson goes...and when it was written Dennis wasn't injured yet...not flaming here just posted this because people are speculatuing on Erekson...I could be wrong but doubt he will go...there was a lot of good info in the post...it's just a little dated

Yes, Joey has been battle to get academically eligible. From what I have heard, he has gotten things taken care of in the class room. Word is that he will be eligible for 2nd semesters, which will "legally" begin when finals are completed this week.

I knew he had weight issues last year but I didn't realize he wasn't eligible this year. Academics?

Agree Halstead, Erekson (see I spelled that right!!) will not go. Guessing that we will have Raising in the HWT slot and if he wrestles like he did against Zabriske, he could score some points.

Here is the top 10 I'd go with in order of most likely.

1. Metcalf
2. Borschel
3. Keddy
4. Morningstar
5. Dennis
6. Beatty
7. McDonough
8. Marion
9. LeClere
10. Rasing

11. Janssen
12. Moore
13. Johnston
14. Slaton

If Dennis can't go I think they'd go with Janssen. I think Moore or Slaton may score more than Janssen or Rasing but the coaches would give those two a vote of confidence. I don't think they will count on Slaton until they see some good results in competition.

fwiw this preview was cut and pasted from the NU wrestling web page and is a little dated...doubtful Erekson goes...and when it was written Dennis wasn't injured yet...not flaming here just posted this because people are speculatuing on Erekson...I could be wrong but doubt he will go...there was a lot of good info in the post...it's just a little dated

bingo think most ppl figured that out

Here is the top 10 I'd go with in order of most likely.

1. Metcalf
2. Borschel
3. Keddy
4. Morningstar
5. Dennis
6. Beatty
7. McDonough
8. Marion
9. LeClere
10. Rasing

11. Janssen
12. Moore
13. Johnston
14. Slaton

If Dennis can't go I think they'd go with Janssen. I think Moore or Slaton may score more than Janssen or Rasing but the coaches would give those two a vote of confidence. I don't think they will count on Slaton until they see some good results in competition.

I agree that we probably wont see Slaton in the lineup (at Midlands) but saying he doesnt have any results this year is false. Dont forget he won the Harold Hichols in ames earlier this year and beat the same kid that Marion beat in the finals at Kauffman Brand only worse. I know that its not the same and you cant assume that he will beat Marion but he is not chopped liver the guy is a national runnerup. I would love to see Dan at Midlands but I think Marion and Slaton are the two best options at 141 for the hawks.

So I will change my ten that I would let score at Midlands

125-MM
133- Dennis and Moore
141- Slaton and Marion
149- Metcalf
157- No one
165- Mstar
174- Jaybo
184- Keddy
197- Beatty
Hwt- No one

Feel free to blast me i could be way off!!!!!

I know guys that are redshirting can wrestle unattached in this, but can you use those guy's for scoring as well, because if you can and Dennis is a no go I think Clark could hold his own at 125 and score some points.

they are not allowed to score for the team otherwise yes that would be a good option as well. If you compete and score team points in any meet your redshirt is pulled.

Ok it was thrown out there so I'll list my top ten and the order I would put them in.

1. Metcalf- obvious reasons.
2. Borschel- Looks REALLY good right now and I LOVE his chances in March!!
3. McDonough- With the exception of Metcalf and Borschel I think he is the most ready for March.
4. Marion- Looked awesome against a kid that would have been a AA under a different coaching staff.
5. Dennis- He could be as high as 3 but sometimes puts himself in bad spots(ie Fan)
6. Beatty- Bring on Varner again he is ready and don't count him out just yet!!!

This is were I start to get concerned on where the kids are right now!!
7. LeClere- Some are down on him but you know exactly what you are going to get out of him everytime he steps on the mat!!
8. Morningstar- He is nowhere near where he was at last March but I have faith in him and believe he will be there in the end!
9. Keddy- He was in the drivers seat the way Pucillo has started but Phil hasn't been doing much better. He lost to Ward, Burkle put him on his back and his match against uni was a bit sloppy. He is my biggest concern on the team right now!!!
10. Janssen- Its a tournament where he can make a splace with some solid kids but nothing "real special". If he can avoid the early takedown he can go a long way in this tournament!!

Others to consider:
1. Moore- might happen due to Dennis not being 100% and a high ankle sprain is something that just needs rest.
2. Slaton- I loved watching him when he was at 133, he is definately a big match wrestler but I just don't know right now where he is at.
3. Gambrall- While he can just about beat anybody he wants he can also loose to somebody that he has no business losing to.
4. Raising- Its all about confidence for him, once he realizes he can do it he will be just fine.

I can see them putting Slaton in with the 10, I just think they will go with LeClere. More as a point to make for taking care of business in the classroom rather than taking the better wrestler in this case. It sounds like Slaton is ahead of LeClere in the room but certainly, LeClere can still score some points so I think they would be comfortable with that. I really don't know what they will do, I'm just speculating.

The good thing is all of these guys will get to wrestle regardless. 10 count towrads the scoring but all of them can wrestle. 141 will be fun to watch. Guys like Clark, Moore, St. John, Gramball, Ballweg, Lofthouse, etc... will be fun to see how they perform.

Latest posts