Midlands finals thread

I think Phil, himself, would tell you he's been disappointing. I'm sorry but that's the standard that Iowa wrestling holds. He set the bar high last year and to say that this year, his senior year, with Jake Herbert out of the way and everything set for Keddy, hasn't been disappointing? No way. He needs to do better and i'm sure he'll be the first to say it.

Maybe to you but I'll never call a guy who works as hard as Phil does and has been a great asset to our team disapointing.

I understand what you are saying and I have total respect for what these guys go through.

I guess what I am saying is expectations for Phil, after his season last year, were high.

outside of Metcalf, Keddy was darn near worth the price of admission last year by himself. I have never seen anyone get out from the bottom on resets the way that he did last year...it was amazing. It reminded me of how I held my breath before Tim Dwight returned punts, because I didnt want any distraction from watching the beauty of it.

I would say that he's not been wrestling up to his or our standards but I wouldnt use the word disapointing to describe Phil Keddy.

There is an injury timeout for Beatty and they are looking at his knee. Let's hope that this isn't anything serious! I just want 1 healthy year for the manbear!!

Jake puts the "Varner ride" on Michalak and rides him out. Varner takes down in the 3rd and escapes to make it 3-1.

I understand what you are saying and I have total respect for what these guys go through.

I guess what I am saying is expectations for Phil, after his season last year, were high.

outside of Metcalf, Keddy was darn near worth the price of admission last year by himself. I have never seen anyone get out from the bottom on resets the way that he did last year...it was amazing. It reminded me of how I held my breath before Tim Dwight returned punts, because I didnt want any distraction from watching the beauty of it.

I understand that. He's my favorite Hawk and I don't understand why he's having problems this year either. Hope he can get it figured out and I have a feeling he will. Wouldnt want to wrestle him when he does.

good work on the updates all!.....Matt, Joe, Jay and Chad...fantastic tourney.....DSJ as well...Metcalf too but thats a given

SHOOOOT! Beatty with another injury timeout and he is in serious pain... Hopefully he can finish the match and this isn't too serious.

Brands tried to stop the match but Beatty wants to finish with 5 seconds left and he does but can't bend his leg. He holds on for the 6-3 win but this could be very bad!!

Great effort by Chad, Guys it has been a fun two days but im outta here

Thanks for the updates fulsaasfan

Go Hawks

Latest posts