Microcosm Play of the Year

VenturaAce

Minnesota runs a toss throwback to their mediocre QB...

...Clayborn reads it perfectly and I'm thinking this poor kid is going to get carted off the field on a stretcher...

...except Clayborn misses him and he actually manages to gain 3 yards. Not a huge play, but come on, make a play!

IMO, it is very unfair to pull out any one player. Look at every play that did not go our way and I will show you a player that should have, would have, could have...the question is what caused the lack of motivation...this is the million dollar question and the million dollar man had better get a handle on it.

That play was a killer. I yelled "Kill him Clayborn!" and the guy gained a few yards.

We just couldn't make the plays this year.

Did anyone else see on their first drive in the 3rd quarter where Adrian had a shot to destroy their running back and get a sack, but he just stopped and played patty cake.

No, It was the fake punt.

I was half drunk thinking wow, Wisconsin is going to hand this game to Iowa, I can't believe it.

A second later; Oh ****, It's a fake!!! (before the snap, mind you)

What was Iowa's coaching staff thinking?

You have to remember at that time Iowa's offense was productive.

That was the microcosm play of the year, and coincidently the start of the downhill slide.

94 cost himself quite a bit of money from his play on the field this year. Maybe he is hurt, maybe he is getting attention, but he dropped back to Round #2 if not more in my opinion.

The fake punt probably was the turning point in the year. And the worst part about it is that our uber-conservative coaching staff runs Punt Safe all the time, yet they didn't call it for the time we needed it most. Just a gigantic mistake.

Plus getting ARob hurt in garbage time against MSU since they don't trust anyone. I think if EITHER of those two plays don't happen, the season turns out vastly differently.

94 cost himself quite a bit of money from his play on the field this year. Maybe he is hurt, maybe he is getting attention, but he dropped back to Round #2 if not more in my opinion.

Yeah he has. People always like to point to him being double teamed all the time, but big time playmakers make plays. Is clayborn the only player to get double teamed. Did Suh, Odrick, Dorsey, McCoy, or Graham get double teamed the last few years? But hey look on the bright side if Thomas and Morgan from Ga-Tech can be 1st round draft picks, then who knows Adrian just may be the #1 pick next year.

I thought the microcosm play(s) of the year was Trumpy the NW RB decleating Hunter not once but twice..That summed up Iowa's intensity for me

If there was a stat for missed sacks Clayborn would lead the nation

I know this play wouldnt have technically been a sack but how many times has #94 almost gotten there without finishing the play? Remember the 4th down play against Wisky when he missed sacking Tolzein by a split second? Frustrating

Latest posts