Michigan vs Louisville

Louisville's press i think will make the difference... I hope not but I think it will.

Michigan showed that they can be exposed with the press, and L'ville is arguably the best in the NCAA at it. for this reason alone i'm picking L'ville to win, but will be rooting for Michigan.

I picked Louisville to win in my bracket, but I do like Trey Burke vs. the Louisville press, or should I say UM against the press. The biggest key is going to be how much the officials allow UL to grab the guy dribbling the ball. UM will need to keep McGary back and bring everyone else up to get the ball in and not dribble, they have the players to do this all day, but will they.

Michigan cannot win if Burke/Stauskas shoot the same way they did against Syracuse. Michigan has had moments where they look like the best team on both ends of the court during this tournament. Louisville has looked like the best defensive team when the game is called loosely, not sure how they don't have three guys foul out every game.

People harp on how "small" Michigan is, but they out rebounded one of the longest/tallest teams in Syracuse by 7 on Saturday night, tomorrow will be different because UL won't sit back in a zone where Michigan's athletes can find open space for rebounds.

If Michigan's reputation of not turning the ball over precedes them and they can keep it under 12 turnovers, it will limit UL's ability to strike quickly, just like they were able to against Syracuse. It isn't about halfcourt, it is all about not giving up easy baskets in short transition with the pressure. Michigan has all the talent to beat Louisville and has been able to show how good they are in the tournament. Remember they finished 5th, but were a bad loss at PSU and 4 missed FT's against IU to win the BT outright.

I picked Louisville to win in my bracket, but I do like Trey Burke vs. the Louisville press, or should I say UM against the press. The biggest key is going to be how much the officials allow UL to grab the guy dribbling the ball. UM will need to keep McGary back and bring everyone else up to get the ball in and not dribble, they have the players to do this all day, but will they.

Michigan cannot win if Burke/Stauskas shoot the same way they did against Syracuse. Michigan has had moments where they look like the best team on both ends of the court during this tournament. Louisville has looked like the best defensive team when the game is called loosely, not sure how they don't have three guys foul out every game.

People harp on how "small" Michigan is, but they out rebounded one of the longest/tallest teams in Syracuse by 7 on Saturday night, tomorrow will be different because UL won't sit back in a zone where Michigan's athletes can find open space for rebounds.

If Michigan's reputation of not turning the ball over precedes them and they can keep it under 12 turnovers, it will limit UL's ability to strike quickly, just like they were able to against Syracuse. It isn't about halfcourt, it is all about not giving up easy baskets in short transition with the pressure. Michigan has all the talent to beat Louisville and has been able to show how good they are in the tournament. Remember they finished 5th, but were a bad loss at PSU and 4 missed FT's against IU to win the BT outright.

ST bringin' the nowledge. Thanks for the post, gives me a few things to look for tomorrow. Along with Hawkeye alum Al Greener, pride of Elgin, Iowa, conducting the Louisville pep band.

ST bringin' the nowledge. Thanks for the post, gives me a few things to look for tomorrow. Along with Hawkeye alum Al Greener, pride of Elgin, Iowa, conducting the Louisville pep band.

Anybody know if Haddy is gonna get mucho face time this year again?

Michigan... Louisville can't keep up to score with them and Michigan has good enough guard play to handle Louisville's pressure D.

Michigan had a little trouble at the end of the Syracuse game, but they prevailed. For most of the game against Wichita State they handled the Louisville press, which is almost as potent as the Syracuse press. I think Michigan can handle the press and if they are scoring from the perimeter, they will win....

They will need the Canadian Sniper and Hardaway to be on.....

Michigan to bolster the credibility of the Big Ten....

The Press will be the thing to watch IMO. When Syracuse pressed Michigan it really got sketchy for them down the stretch. Hardaway was one player who really, really struggled with it.

The Press will be the thing to watch IMO. When Syracuse pressed Michigan it really got sketchy for them down the stretch. Hardaway was one player who really, really struggled with it.

I thought it was GR3 that had butterfingers during that time. It also was an end of game situation where they were allowing Syracuse to get away with a lot. If that happens tonight from the get to it may be a difficult game to watch.

I like Michigan. Louisville will miss Ware. They will not get the miracle threes from their walkon tonite.
Spike and Burke can handle the press. Get it to McGary!!

Michigan 78 Louisville 75....tourny closes out with a bang!

All things being equal, perhaps it will come down to coaching. Pitino is one of the best ever and Beilein is getting better. It was a landmark win for him against Beilein.....

Louisville's D is as good as it gets, Syracuse not far behind. However at times this season Michigan has looked very good. When they are on, they can be almost unstoppable. Tonight is somewhat doubtful. I would love to see a Big Ten team win.....

Can the College Player of the year handle the pressure......

I like Michigan. Louisville will miss Ware. They will not get the miracle threes from their walkon tonite.

That's what I want to see. Spike is better than people think, and he can hit a three on occasion.....

If the Lad from the far North is on, game over.....

That's what I want to see. Spike is better than people think, and he can hit a three on occasion.....

If the Lad from the far North is on, game over.....

LaVall Jordan called Spike "Drew Brees, he doesn't look like much, but he can play some ball." Pretty fitting.

I think Michigan is the most talented team that Louisville will play this season and it is because McGary is playing like a man possessed.

People do realize that Ware wasn't a starter right?

Ware averaged just 4ppg and 1 rebound and 16 minutes..

Oh and I'm guessing that Louisville walkons might not be your typical type walkon. :)

I am more excited by this National Championship game than I normally am.....

Michigan starts at least 4 future NBA players, but they are young.....

Oh and I'm guessing that Louisville walkons might not be your typical type walkon. :)

1.8 rebounds let's not short change the poor kid.

LaVall Jordan called Spike "Drew Brees, he doesn't look like much, but he can play some ball." Pretty fitting.

I think Michigan is the most talented team that Louisville will play this season and it is because McGary is playing like a man possessed.

Mitch McGary is something else, cool as a cucumber.....

^^^ but Jack they is playaz man ^^^^ Seriously they are good and they deserve to be there.....the key is Burke....can he keep his team in it and not get to crazy....How many shots does he take? i think Hardaway has a good game....we will all find out in t-minus 71 minutes

Nevermind that he is one of their best defensive players and can defend the 1-3 positions, that doesn't account for anything though. UL is short on their bench in the back court, so it has an impact if fouls become a factor.