Michigan=Turning Point of season

rdwars

I have been as ****** off as pretty much everybody else after that performance against Minn but this week's game against Michigan will determine where the rest of the season falls. Does Iowa come out full of emotion and fly around the field making plays? Do the coaches have a attacking gameplan (maybe some some new wrinkles) that the players execute well? Or does Iowa take a shot and rollover? I think this is a huge game that will show what this team and coaching staff are made of. Let's hope they show some fight. If not, then this season is over and there needs to be some changes within the staff because its going to get ugly.

I certainly agree wholeheartedly. we used our "pass loss", and it stings like two losses. This game certainly has the ability to get the minds of players and fans back on the goals that can still be accomplished. confidence is huge going forward with a W, self doubt and implosion will ensue with a los at home. On paper we can win and based on the outcome, with a loss we go 6-6, a win and we still can go 9-3, even 8-4. BIG, big game Saturday. glad were at Kinnick.

Not sure how we stop them. And I'm not sure how we score enough points either.

Redeeming factor is it's at home so JVB should play better.

But expect a lot of runs from Michigan, and a lot of blitzes

No faith left in this team to win another. It's going to be a long wait until next football season....

Denard is gonna truck us.

Just accept it.

Now, given that likely scenario, perhaps Norm should say to AJ..."hey, I know you don't know a whole lot yet, so here's your job. You watch Denard and nothing else."

But he won't. Cuz we gotta keep within the system which might provide us with a morale-boosting close loss.

We will have to get about as lucky as Minnesota got against us for us to beat Michigan. We play them 4 times in Kinnick I bet they win 3 of them this year. 25% chance we win.

We will have to get about as lucky as Minnesota got against us for us to beat Michigan. We play them 4 times in Kinnick I bet they win 3 of them this year. 25% chance we win.
Is that the same percentage you gave against Pitt or NW?
Probably higher than those two.

Let's just hope you come back on Hawkeyenation during halftime to show how right you were on your prediction.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we have the make-up to have a "turning point" from an emotional standpoint. Hope I'm wrong, but this one will be hard to rebound from. Good luck to the staff in getting these guys back this year.

Is that the same percentage you gave against Pitt or NW?
Probably higher than those two.

Let's just hope you come back on Hawkeyenation during halftime to show how right you were on your prediction.

IF we play NW 4 times this year in Kinnick, they beat us twice if not 3 of those 4. Pitt beats us twice if not 3 of those 4.

It will sound like a broken record, but just playing Alston will give Iowa a much better chance of winning. No other backer in the middle has shown the ability to get to the hole and plug it up. Without that, Shoelaces goes for over 200 on the ground easily against Iowa.

Alston will make some rookie mistakes, but at least he won't leave a wide open lane time and again.

We might get a helpful injury at some point, but that's not something on which to rely.

It's going to be a bloodbath at Kinnick...and not in a good way for the Hawks. Fat Cat coaches in full effect!!!

If the hawkeye D made Jantz look like a heisman winner than I think all of you know what they will make D-Rob look like. Michigan by 3 scores.

Some teams will come out after a loss and scratch out a win - I'm not seeing that in our team. AND it's not all of the players faults. Things need to improve - on both sides of the ball. If we get down early - I think it's over. IF we can keep it close - then who knows.

I have been as ****** off as pretty much everybody else after that performance against Minn but this week's game against Michigan will determine where the rest of the season falls. Does Iowa come out full of emotion and fly around the field making plays? Do the coaches have a attacking gameplan (maybe some some new wrinkles) that the players execute well? Or does Iowa take a shot and rollover? I think this is a huge game that will show what this team and coaching staff are made of. Let's hope they show some fight. If not, then this season is over and there needs to be some changes within the staff because its going to get ugly.
Nah Michigan's turning point was this past weekend.

Latest posts