Michigan sources on Big Ten expansion

Yes, bc's rich tradition and deep roots in the ACC will certainly trump
making gazillions more dollars & an increase in academic prestige.

Thats not why i dont think it will happen....i dont think it will happen because i dont see the Big Ten wanting BC when there are much better options out there that would jump at the chance. Same goes for G Tech. Adding them makes even less sense

So, Steve, how long you plan on leaving the bait out?

Can anyone recall a moment where Deace has ever broke legit Iowa news...let alone on a message board?

Typical Deace Iowa Board Drive Bye...why does this guy get credibility? Because he argues well, or because he has a radio show with Jon?

Last edited:
Can anyone recall a moment where Deace has ever broke legit Iowa news...let alone on a message board?

Typical Deace Iowa Board Drive Bye...why does this guy get credibility? Because he argues well, or because he has a radio show with Jon?

he said that KF would be fired over the rape case.......wait a minute.....guess he had that wrong too........

he said that KF would be fired over the rape case.......wait a minute.....guess he had that wrong too........

I've yet to read anything from him that has a scent of credibility when it comes to Iowa news. I'd venture he has an outlook reminder telling him to rile up Iowa fans every week so, just wish Iowa fans would give him his due as a radio host who needs to fill several hours of air each week.

How riled has anyone really gotten over this thread? The OP was so obviously bs that the intent must've been to insult the intelligence of the Hawkeye Nation.

How riled has anyone really gotten over this thread? The OP was so obviously bs that the intent must've been to insult the intelligence of the Hawkeye Nation.

You give the original post too much credit...some people fancy themselves as puppet-master...just saying I've seen this out of Deace a dozen or so times before...he tosses some randomness out on Jon's board and then sit's back and hopes to see a reaction.

Last edited:
You give the original post too much credit...some people fancy themselves as puppet-master...just saying I've seen this out of Deace a dozen or so times before...he tosses some randomness out on Jon's board and then sit's back and hopes to see a reaction.

I'm not saying he insulted anyone's intelligence, only that he attempted to in the hope of getting the reaction you mention.

I think a lot of people need to chill. I am thankful for any news I can get. Like Steve or not, he has no reason to willingly spread disinformation. I doubt he has the time or inclination to post on here just to mess with Hawk fans. He's just passing on what he has heard and you can take it or leave it. I am pretty much diametrically opposed to Deace when it comes to religion and politics, (and he's an ISU, Michigan, Lions and Tigers fan whre I am an Iowa, Vikings, and White Sox fan), but I see no reason to rag on him for passing on information on atopic we all are very interested in.

If you distust/dislike him so much, don't click on his threads! Easy enough!

I'm not saying he insulted anyone's intelligence, only that he attempted to in the hope of getting the reaction you mention.

I've always been annoyed with the leash Deace has been given on Jon's boards...his main purpose in life here (or at other networks Jon has lived at) has been to post something incendiary and then sit back and watch hoping to get fodder for the show...so he can rile Iowa fans up.

I've always been annoyed with the leash Deace has been given on Jon's boards...his main purpose in life here (or at other networks Jon has lived at) has been to post something incendiary and then sit back and watch hoping to get fodder for the show...so he can rile Iowa fans up.

Actually, that is a complete lie. And frankly if it were true then Jon is the person to get mad at for allowing it to happen, not me. I can't post without his permission. I write for the Michigan Scout.com site, and that's what their mod is hearing from his Michigan sources.

I'm gonna go in a different direction from personal attacks and whether or not I believe these "sources" to be correct. Instead, I am going to talk about what kind of fit these teams would be for the Big Ten.

BC and Tech would be like 2 Northwesterns. Two schools next to or in pro sports towns that nobody in the town or state cares about. The only reason it would make any sense is for basic cable revenue with Boston and Atlanta. However, that would not translate to much more.

Sounds to me like Deace's 'sources' are a bit too focused on pro-sports towns. That being said, I wonder if the Big 12 team we wouldn't expect might be Colorado.

All right Steve you tossed some bait out there. By the way, thats not a typical post for you. Is it a North or South team your source is hearing?

I'm simply passing along what I heard, which is actually contrary to my own opinion. Both the mods on the Rivals and Scout sites for Michigan have been reporting from their Michigan sources that the team the Big Ten really wants isn't Notre Dame, although the Big Ten would certainly take them, but is actually Texas. For the record, the Michigan Scout site I write for is very close to the football and basketball programs, while the Michigan Rivals site is very close to the administration and broke the news on who the new AD there would be.

So this could just be Michigan's opinion of what it wants, what is actually happening, or both. Just passing it along and you're welcome to do with it what you will. If folks don't want me posting here simply ask Jon to remove my posting permission and I won't.

I, for one, remain skeptical that the Big Ten could get Texas to move by June 30th -- which is what I have said on the air -- and still believe the second Big 12 team will end up being Nebraska.

Texas to the Big Ten is the move that would have the most impact on the college football world and would be a great get for the conference. Tho I would rather see Mizzou & Nebraska join if only because of the Texas-sized ego that has caused all the discontent in the Big XII.

I'm simply passing along what I heard, which is actually contrary to my own opinion. Both the mods on the Rivals and Scout sites for Michigan have been reporting from their Michigan sources that the team the Big Ten really wants isn't Notre Dame, although the Big Ten would certainly take them, but is actually Texas. For the record, the Michigan Scout site I write for is very close to the football and basketball programs, while the Michigan Rivals site is very close to the administration and broke the news on who the new AD there would be.

So this could just be Michigan's opinion of what it wants, what is actually happening, or both. Just passing it along and you're welcome to do with it what you will. If folks don't want me posting here simply ask Jon to remove my posting permission and I won't.

I, for one, remain skeptical that the Big Ten could get Texas to move by June 30th -- which is what I have said on the air -- and still believe the second Big 12 team will end up being Nebraska.

No offense - I know you are a seasoned orator and a huge Meatchicken fan, but is Michigan really part of the decision process and are your sources *really* official? Isn't this just wishful thinking?

May God strike me down but I respect your opinions on this matter much more than your sources.

We've all heard more rumors and prognostications than there are actual possibilities. Take a spin around the Big 12 boards - they are all delusional and quote "sources" to make them sound legit.

I think the Big Ten and Big 12 universities have been successfully tight lipped except for Mizzou - who everyone knows is the loose (word that rhymes with 'whore') in this fiasco.

P.S. The word that rhymes with 'whore' is 'whore', in case you didn't catch that.

Deace,

I really enjoy your feedback and opinions. I really don't understand why people rip on your opinions or inside information.

To all people that don't like Deace's opinions:

If you don't like what he has to say, why in the world are you reading his post and then replying to his post. Grow up people. Hit the ignore button. It gets quite annoying when all some people want to do is rip other people's opinion. Stop being so negative! It's a message board.