Michigan comes to

JHHawk

town today, desperate to keep their fading hopes for an NCAA bid alive.
They lost by a bucket at the Illini on Wed. in a game that they rallied the whole second half only to fall short with a shot off the rim at the buzzer.

I have to say, Michigan has really impressed me this year.
Youngest team in the league,they have started 3 frosh,a soph and junior many times.
Honestly,I think they have at least 3 NBA prospects with a possible 4th in Morris,Hardaway,Morgan,and Smotryz.
Beilein has done an impressive job here of not only getting talent,but in getting talent who slot nicely into their positions at pg,sg,c,and sf. These 4 are all pro sized guys at their positons.

Almost 4 years ago, Iowa,Michigan and Minny went looking for coaches for their bb programs.
The verdict is in...Iowa chose the worse fit.

Minny is on the verge of their 4th straight 20 win season and maybe their 3rd straight NCAA bid....Minny had never had 3 straight 20 win seasons before Tubby...nuff said.

Michigan has had one NCAA bid and looks like they could be an early sleeper pick to contend for the Big Ten next year.

Iowa? No autopsy required on the Lick era...self-explanatory.

So, today's game could end up being tough on the Hawks.
Hawks need to light it up from the perimeter and hope to get out early on this young Michigan team. They did not wilt in those circumstances vs the Illini ,but maybe today they could....lets hope. Otherwise,they could humble us today yet again. On paper,they got us at every position but power forward. Mel has got to have a big day..

Go Hawks,beat the Wolves!!

Good OP. Right on target. But I think Michigan has a letdown in Iowa City and the Hawkeyes take advantage. It's tough to win on the road in the Big Ten, so I'll suggest an upset: Iowa--70, Michigan--65.

Will more than 13,000 jam Carver to enjoy it?

I thought we would have trouble with Minnesota. I think we will have trouble with Michigan today as well. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Nice post, JH. You know just once I would like to see the other team walk off the court shaking their heads after Iowa blisters the nets from the three-point line. We are so overdue for a hot shooting night, it isn't even silly. Maybe today will be the day. Otherwise, I see our string of desperation continue with the Woverines.

Nice post, JH. You know just once I would like to see the other team walk off the court shaking their heads after Iowa blisters the nets from the three-point line. We are so overdue for a hot shooting night, it isn't even silly. Maybe today will be the day. Otherwise, I see our string of desperation continue with the Woverines.

Michigan shot like garbage against Illinois earlier this week (2-18, 11%) and they still kept close to them, because they also attacked the basket. While Iowa has a better interior defense, I don't think Iowa can check UM at the 3 point line at all. Michigan will bomb us, and it won't be funny. Iowa can keep it close if Cartwright can attack the basket, which is the only hope we have.

I agree with several people here that it's going to be bad today. Michigan will light us up from behind the arc. As Sir Charles says, I could be wrong... but I doubt it.

Latest posts