Message for McCall

homerHAWKeye777

We, the Iowa Hawkeye faithful, are very excited about your future.

Please don't despair! At the very least, you've benefited from high quality reps ... and, prior to your injury, you witnessed first-hand how you can succeed in Iowa's system!

Just know that next year, you'll be all-healed up and will have the benefit of another camp to hone your skills and come out EVEN BETTER!

We all feel for you and wish you the very best!

When do we find out just how bad it was or will we ever? OFCOURSE we all hope his recovery goes well and we hope he uses that time to be a student of the game. McCall healthy, with a year in the system to learn, will make him even more dangerous in the back field.

they won't release the details of the break, all bones involved, associated ligament tear(s), knee involvement, etc. i'm guessing. might get a general statement from Coach Ferentz like his spirits are up and he's making progress and under great care. and rightly so.

we'll ultimately see how he recovered this coming spring and fall.

I was thinking of dropping a note to him via the Football office. It's tough to go thru rehab and even tougher to watch your teammates out there playing while you sit.

I'll second you, Homer. Hoping the best for you, guy. We know you're tough and you can fight your way back from this.

We, the Iowa Hawkeye faithful, are very excited about your future.

Please don't despair! At the very least, you've benefited from high quality reps ... and, prior to your injury, you witnessed first-hand how you can succeed in Iowa's system!

Just know that next year, you'll be all-healed up and will have the benefit of another camp to hone your skills and come out EVEN BETTER!

We all feel for you and wish you the very best!

I third this. Hang tough young man, great things are going to come.

I think all the Hawkeye faithful got sick to their stomach when McCall went down. You just hate to see someone work this hard, do everything right, see the field, excel and flash huge talent, then get injured. You just feel for the guy. My wife couldn't believe how bummed out I was about this, but I'm not sure she realizes the amount of work that goes into a true freshman earning early minutes (first RB off the bench). He is and WILL BE a special back for Iowa.

It's about time we stop this RB injury thing. Anyone got that goat from Chicago we can sacrifice. Wait, that hasn't worked too well for the Cubs.

I wonder how similar his injury is to what Bernstine suffered a few short years ago? Here's to hoping MM's recovery is as quick and successful as Jordan's was! This man has a very bright future!

Latest posts