Message boards should be loading faster

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Let me know if you are seeing this as well..I am seeing exponentially faster loading times from earlier today and recently, as we just tweaked the message boards...would love the feedback.

What I am seeing are the posts loading very quickly, then the ads coming in later...which is what we want

Seems ripping fast on Chrome, JD. Can't really gauge how much faster than say a week ago, mind you, but performance is very good.

That's what I am seeing now. Good. The last few hours it has been going slow as ****. Thanks for taking care of it!

It's been a long time coming..we had to figure out a solution that a) would help the speed for the end user and b) keep the ads on the site as they are what makes the site available in the first place.

I think we have found the start of a solution...thanks again to Sam from Host Duplex!

Vin, if u r seeing it fly thats good. I know about when things really started bogging and it was before last week

I spent the last at in laws on their connection and only the. Saw the extent of how poorly things were performing.

After several days of idea sharing we came up with a solution that seems to have dramatically helped. We r not done yet though, still some more juice we can squeeze out. This is more about processes, order and efficiency and nothing to do with bandwidth or our hosting which was the prob in feb.

Jon this is much better. I will visit the site more often now that it loads faster. I'm using my 6+ year old iBook and it looks good. :)

Certainly does seem to be loading faster.

I mean... my god ... that's is what's it's about.

Faster loading... forget about the content, the outcome...

and yet on this site we get it all.

tx jm

Google Chrome user here and its hit or miss. Pulling up this page to complain took 30 seconds

Frustrating

Ahhh....just a joke...I don't use that computer anymore cause it's really noisy.

I have used my phone more to post because on my laptop, it was just too slow...for a while now. Scourt, Falsie, 1hawkeye1 and the rest...were all beating me on the word association thread...excuse me...the Official Offseason Word Association thread....For some reason the pages loaded faster on my phone...on 3G. Anyways...I'd rather use the laptop. So...it's much faster now. Thanks Jon.

I am on my iPhone right now via 3G and reading the boards via safari. It's loading very quickly for me. So these changes are a big improvement

Welcome...things performed well over the weekend, which always has less traffic and Mondays are the busiest days (non-breaking news days that is) and things are still flying for me.

Ahhh....just a joke...I don't use that computer anymore cause it's really noisy.

I have used my phone more to post because on my laptop, it was just too slow...for a while now. Scourt, Falsie, 1hawkeye1 and the rest...were all beating me on the word association thread...excuse me...the Official Offseason Word Association thread....For some reason the pages loaded faster on my phone...on 3G. Anyways...I'd rather use the laptop. So...it's much faster now. Thanks Jon.

If I was beating you to the punch, it was with a Droid on 3G. Another blow to the fan boys and girls.

Ouch! And I mean that.

Latest posts