Menu Bar Issue

BigD

Just a question about a website issue I am having. I have an iPhone and a iPad . I’ve noticed recently (in the last two or three weeks) that when I go to the home page on Hawkeye nation the menu bar isn’t showing up on the header directly across from the large gold letters “HN”. I just guessed where the three menu bars used to be and touched the blank black area and it opens up the menu bar to let you get to the forums page. Once you get past the home page then the menu bar is visible from that point on until you go back to the home page again.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with their apple products or other smart phones and devices?

Just a question about a website issue I am having. I have an iPhone and a iPad . I’ve noticed recently (in the last two or three weeks) that when I go to the home page on Hawkeye nation the menu bar isn’t showing up on the header directly across from the large gold letters “HN”. I just guessed where the three menu bars used to be and touched the blank black area and it opens up the menu bar to let you get to the forums page. Once you get past the home page then the menu bar is visible from that point on until you go back to the home page again.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with their apple products or other smart phones and devices?

I have the same issue on iPhone 8 and X. I assume it is to keep noobs out of here during the height of the football season.

Please take your tech support question to the Site Feedback forum so it can be summarily ignored. :D

The best was back in the day when HN kept giving me BBW dating site ads and I posted something in there. Former all star moderator JDM responded and if you googled him, the ad that I had linked was inexplicably like the third image that appeared.

Thanks guys. I did send a private message to rob but I know this has to be a very busy time for him right now. Maybe they will address the issue when they get some free time.

See issue here. The menu bar is actually still there. Just touch the top right as usual and it will show up. It just hasn't been visible the past few weeks.

I contacted the bosses to see about tech support. We've had some changes around here this fall in that regard.

Thanks for posting. I thought it was my shitty flip phone.
I can't get it to work on my phone either.

images

Ultimately behind the scenes these issues may make it back to some guy in a mud hut on the other side of the world. On a related note, Its scary the way large corporations have outsourced their IT...and the outsourcing partner in turn outsources and so on...

About 6 months ago I was unable to visit this site on my work computer, through Internet Explorer. Was getting a 403 - Forbidden, Access to this resource on the server is denied! error. I switched to Chrome which worked perfectly until it was updated, then it got the same error. The last thing I have is to run IE off the company main server, which makes everything run a lot slower. Not sure what's causing this. Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm told IT is aware of issues and are working on fixing them. Repairs include the podcast player on the site and the menu. I did not get a timetable but will try keeping you updated as best I can.

Latest posts