Memories of the 2012 Iowa FB season

AHawk1

There were a lot of mistakes made this year but this a year I will never forget in regards to Kirk Ferentz. I'm actually not near as pessimistic as 95% of the people on this board. I think KF and crew will right this ship. I've always felt if I had a kid that was a FB player I don't think you could find a better person than Kirk Ferentz to coach your kid. Every single person I know that has had contact with him can't say enough great things about him(from players, sports writers, managers, and even kids from the film crew). However, I will never over look the fact that not one other player took a snap at QB besides JVB this season. Absolutely is inexcusable. We had 7 passing TD's this season. Coach do you hear that 7 F...ing TD passes for the season. I don't care if me, Scorp and OK4P are the back ups somebody deserved a shot.

Last edited:
Just kidding, A'1. I agree that it was absolutely surreal that the clowns known as coaches didn't give even a series or two to the other QBs on the roster. To say it's a head-scratcher is a severe understatement.

Not a single redeeming quality for this years team. No signature win, no signature moment. Fail on all levels. Hell, even the 2007 team knocked off a highly rated Illannoy team...

The 2012 Iowa Hawkeyes can't even sniff the 2007 Iowa Hawkeyes' jock.

The Michigan State game was fun I guess. At least the last few minutes and OT was. That's about it though. And they sucked soooo, yeah, this season blew on all levels.

I remember that one play, forget who it was againts. Hawks came out lined up 3rd and 8. I couldn't watch, so I flipped the channel. Gilligans' Island was on. It was that one episode where they almost got off the island but Gilligan screwed it up. Changed the channel and Groundhog day was on.