Melsahn Warmup Gear

zhawk21

This is not meant to be critical. Anybody else notice Basabe wearing a different warmup than everyone else? Last year he wore a gray t-shirt and today he wore a white T instead of the traditional black and gold pullover. Is it just part of the Sabe' Swag or does he do this for some other reason?

This is not meant to be critical. Anybody else notice Basabe wearing a different warmup than everyone else? Last year he wore a gray t-shirt and today he wore a white T instead of the traditional black and gold pullover. Is it just part of the
Sabe' Swag or does he do this for some other reason?

Basabe knows he can do what he wants cause if we complain and he goes. Were even worse. So yeah that's "Basabe Swag".

I heard May has been double knotting his shoes during pregame, while the rest of the team is using the single loop swoop and pull technique...he better get on board soon or hes outta here!

After watching Melsahn struggle against couple D-2 guys yesterday, I'd say needs to at least show up to play. Don't care what he wears, but I do care how he plays. No too impressed yesterday, but maybe just took the day off????

I cant wait till the season begins and we dont have to worry about what color shirt or socks a kid is wearing during warmups.

He has a lot of growing up to do before he can be counted on. I wish we had Cole for one more year to work with the team on giving effort every game. Cole did a lot of things that didn't show up on the stat sheet and we need those intangibles from starters if they aren't knocking down shots.

We just might have a very talented and skilled freshman in White who would appear to have as much if not more talent than Melsahn (3 point shooting, ball handling). Mr Melsahn had best watch his attitude or else somebody might start stealing his minutes. NOBODY is irreplaceable on this team.

This is not meant to be critical. Anybody else notice Basabe wearing a different warmup than everyone else? Last year he wore a gray t-shirt and today he wore a white T instead of the traditional black and gold pullover. Is it just part of the Sabe' Swag or does he do this for some other reason?

WHO CARES. None of us know the team rules regarding this, he may have superstitions, its an exhibition, there are a number of things that this could be. I have to think that if he was violating a provision that he would have been made to comply.

Holy ****! Some of you guys are on here pandering that you know what Mel is like as a teammate, that he has a bad attitude, that he is a 'me first' type of player. Do any of you actually know this to be the case or are you just speculating because the kid wore a different color warmup jersey?

Everybody has their own little rituals / superstitions when it comes to getting ready for a game. If Fran had a problem with it, do you really think the kid would be on the floor warming up?

Come on.

He has a lot of growing up to do before he can be counted on. I wish we had Cole for one more year to work with the team on giving effort every game. Cole did a lot of things that didn't show up on the stat sheet and we need those intangibles from starters if they aren't knocking down shots.

This thread is comical. He played poorly and admitted as much but I will be sure to pass on the love from the Hawkeye fans.

I have a dream....
that one day we'll judge athletes not by the color of their jersey, but by the effectiveness of their game.
I have a dream...

I have a dream....that one day we'll judge athletes not by the color of their jersey, but by the effectiveness of their game.I have a dream...

lol...well done.

Latest posts