Melo’s move signifies trouble in the NBA

I do not agree that it is better with only a handful of teams with a chance to win.
Why would fans in those other NBA markets not just lose interest in the NBA althogether and tune out at playoff time?

The trick is to have the NFL style parity,where every market has hope,and every market gets addicted to the product. Just me,I guess,but I love the NBA and even I am a bit bored by the bottom 18 teams being so bad that my bulls can just show up and win. Why can't the timberwolves be like the Packers? It must be addressed by the new CBA.,unless they really want to shrink the sport.

Well, I think wrestling sucks. But I don't post that in every one of your wrestling threads.

And to the rest of you guys, why give up all those guys for Melo now when you can get him for free in four months?

Edit: And by free, I mean without giving up five players and four draft picks, or whatever it was.

im not saying basketball sucks im saying the NBA sucks

AGAIN im saying the NBA is a joke besides the playoffs i guess

WE KNOW. And college wrestling is a bigger joke than the NBA, but we don't go on college wrestling threads and tell you about it, so you don't need to come on NBA threads and tell us your opinion.

big basketball fan here but not to interested in the nba. it entertainment and the refs call it that way. wish i could have taken 3,4 step every time to get a layup or wish i could carry the ball to cross over defenders etc... COLLEGE BASKETBALL is far and a way better to watch.

I do not agree that it is better with only a handful of teams with a chance to win.
Why would fans in those other NBA markets not just lose interest in the NBA althogether and tune out at playoff time?

The trick is to have the NFL style parity,where every market has hope,and every market gets addicted to the product. Just me,I guess,but I love the NBA and even I am a bit bored by the bottom 18 teams being so bad that my bulls can just show up and win. Why can't the timberwolves be like the Packers? It must be addressed by the new CBA.,unless they really want to shrink the sport.

There's been more parity the last 10 years or so. And the NBA has been in decline for about that long. It was much more successful when there were 5-6 great teams in the league.

WE KNOW. And college wrestling is a bigger joke than the NBA, but we don't go on college wrestling threads and tell you about it, so you don't need to come on NBA threads and tell us your opinion.

last time i read this was a forum and can post in any threads...when theres a topic about troubles in the nba im going to put in my 2 cents in

I would not want to have to count on Shaq or Jermaine O'Neal to stay healthy. I'm hoping they run into Orlando in the second round and Dwight kills them inside.

I dont want to count on the O'neal's either. They did get Krstic from OKC but it doesnt seem like he is a physical presence down low (7', 240 lbs). The Celtics play excellent team defense and I am not worried one bit about Howard and Orlando. Boston is still the team to beat in the East.

There's been more parity the last 10 years or so. And the NBA has been in decline for about that long. It was much more successful when there were 5-6 great teams in the league.

In sports, as in much of life "parity" rarely equals quality...more often mediocrity.

This is a gamble on the present by Ainge,hoping to salvage something out of Perkins by trading him now. Still, as the whole panel on TNT last nite agreed, you are taking a big risk on this season by counting on Shaq. Now, Charles Barkley was the one who did say that he thought that Boston could prosper with Greene because there is only two teams that they need shaq for: Magic and Lakers.

But, as the others said, you have the best record in the East,and their identity over the last 3 years has been toughness and defense,and without the duo of KG and Perk,that is gone. I agree. And you have an older team,trying for one more title,and you forfeit that for the future? Not buying. Ainge blew it. Perk is a key to their defense this year,as he can guard Howard and Bynum without a doubleteam,which allows the rest to stay with the shooters..it has worked,and continues to work,but now? Gone.

The Bulls did not make a move,but their prospects for winning the East just went up,thanks to Ainge....gonna be interesting playoffs this year.

Latest posts