Mel Kiper on Mike and Mike this AM

DexterMorgan

Said that Stanzi was moving up his boards and he will most likely have him above both Locker and Mallett. Said he was a 2nd rounder.

I'll try to find a link.

Locker was an idiot for returning since most thought he was a first rounder last year. Also, I've seen Mallett play. He's a gun slinger. I doubt he falls behind the Stanz. I like Stanzi, but I don't think he's going to be a special NFL player, probably just a backup. I hope I'm wrong. He could be the next Tom Brady.

Locker was an idiot for returning since most thought he was a first rounder last year.

He wasn't just a 1st rounder; a lot had him as the #1 overall. He left a lot of money behind, especially if the new CBA completely overhauls rookie wages.

Wow. Ricky is sure picking a great time to impress and get the PR momentum rolling. I have a feeling that Ricky will make the 3rd round maybe surprise everyone and sneak the 2nd? Ricky Stanzi is extremely engaging face to face he is going to Ace the wonderlic and team interviews. Character, leader and work ethic are really paying dividends for him, and by the way he's not a bad player either.

I think Mallett is going to be a Franchise QB. I want the Vikings to take him in the first round. I realize I am in the minority here.

I have a hard time seeing him passing Mallett. Locker, absolutely. But Mallett is a Brett Favre-like QB (hopefully without the offseason drama)= BIG arm, gunslinger. He'll throw INT's, but he'll flush them and throw quite a few more TD's.

I think Mallett is going to be a Franchise QB. I want the Vikings to take him in the first round. I realize I am in the minority here.

Mallet is talented, but there's also plenty of talk that his "leadership" skills lack quite a bit. Somewhere between Ryan Leaf and Jay Cutler. So the "drama" may be more in-sesason. Time will tell.

I have a hard time seeing him passing Mallett. Locker, absolutely. But Mallett is a Brett Favre-like QB (hopefully without the offseason drama)= BIG arm, gunslinger. He'll throw INT's, but he'll flush them and throw quite a few more TD's.

Mallett just has that freaky good QB frame that doesn't come around that often. I understand he also is hard to bring down kind of like a Rothlesberger type.

I thought i heard him say Mallet might drop to the 2nd but still ahead of Stanzi. I think his main point was that teams may not stretch for a QB in the 1st when Mallet, Stanzi and Dalton can be had in the 2nd.

Last edited:
I hope he does well and I sure think he was a great college QB...but wow, I am just not seeing what these scouts must be seeing. It still seems to me like he locks on to receivers and does not quite have that quick progression through his reads. I hope I am wrong, the day he finally replaced Jake was the best day in Hawk football in 5 years.

Said that Stanzi was moving up his boards and he will most likely have him above both Locker and Mallett. Said he was a 2nd rounder.

I'll try to find a link.
I like Ricky, but let's be honest. Mel's hair gel formula might have changed or his touppe might be on a bit tighter...I see him as 5-6 rounder. I think his late game efforts this year hurt him a bit (Wisconsin & Ohio St) He did not have that great a game in the Insight after you take away 3 passes (1st one to McNutt) (wide open Nodestrum sp??) & the last pass to Resiner. take those out at he did not have a good game

Ryan Mallett = ridicuously over-rated. That guy is horrible. He can't move around, and he plays horrible in big games. Put him against a team (read: every SEC team) that has no defense he looks awesome, put him against a team that can pressure a smidgen, he looks mediocre at best. If the 49ers draft ryan mallett (and we need a qb) I will disavow all allegiance to my team. He is horrible. I would gladly draft stanzi over Mallett. I would not draft Mallett as Mr. Irrelevant, that's how bad he will be in the nfl.

Ryan Mallett = ridicuously over-rated. That guy is horrible. He can't move around, and he plays horrible in big games. Put him against a team (read: every SEC team) that has no defense he looks awesome, put him against a team that can pressure a smidgen, he looks mediocre at best. If the 49ers draft ryan mallett (and we need a qb) I will disavow all allegiance to my team. He is horrible. I would gladly draft stanzi over Mallett. I would not draft Mallett as Mr. Irrelevant, that's how bad he will be in the nfl.

SEC teams don't play defense?

Why can't Mallett be like Joe Flacco?

Stanzi has all the tools to be a Pro QB.

All his negatives can be fixed. You can coach 6'3 with above average speed and a good touch

Latest posts